Forum Discussion

smowcomber
Seasoned Newcomer
16 days ago

Monorail Algorithm - Why?

The payout of straight track pieces is ridiculous.  I should not be getting only 3 straight pieces out of 21 pieces in a complete cycle.   The switch pieces are mostly useless and there are only so many corners to turn.  For this very reason I gave up on my already large and complex monorail system in my Springfield that I have been working for almost 15 years!  I decided to expand the monorail to the rest of Springfield and now I’m reminded how annoying the process is because of the random piece generator that provides only pieces to go in circles…….  EA.  It would also be great if we could buy or earn more monorail stations.  So many opportunities to improve the game!   Thanks. 

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

Hate to double post but REALLY?

Over the weekend I grinded over 100 monorail tracks.

Result?    2 straight tracks.

This needs to be changed.  New players will take years to be able to do a decent set up.

Put straight tracks in the store if necessary.

• I feel like I've been talking about this forever. Better than changing the algorithm, how about asking us each time we earn tracks  which type we want? 

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

Unbelievable.  I just finished a cycle grinding track from  1 to 5 plus donuts.  Not A Single Straight Track.

smowcomber
    Seasoned Newcomer

All great ideas. I have 6 stations and could use 2-3 more easy.  I have fake stations in my Las Vegas  area, by Duff Stadium, and could use 1-2 more beyond those two.  

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

I agree 1000%.  I have been posting about this constantly lately.  Just weighting the algorithm so 75% of tracks are straight would be a start.

Things I have requested in other threads:

A Halloween spooky station

Straight tracks that we can buy that are 2 or 3 regular tracks long

Stop tracks that the train stops at as if it was a,station for out fake stations.

Skins for the trains

A building that is similar to GGR but creates straight track, or that you can trade track at.