Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Quick start - Phase 2

Don't tap for 8 hours during my peak tapping hours? DON'T TAP? I have a trigger happy finger that doesn't listen to my logical brain.... I dont know if I can.... maybe if I put a bandaid on it as a reminder....

:) thanks for a heads up, Brick
  • brickevand408 wrote:
    My strategy to a fast start in phase 2

- Dont tap mutants 8h before timer reset. (To have a Maxout of mutants in your town)

1. You max out on mutant corn in 6 hours and 20 minutes.

2. I'm not so sure about that. We're changing invaders. I suspect that when the update hits (I'm assuming it's a download) that all the mutant corn will disappear. Highlight for spoiler: The first task is to tap 5 of the next mutant plant. When the mutant corn was first released in Act 1 you also had to tap 5, and they immediately dropped them.

I could be wrong, but in any case...

The mutant corn pays out randomly and you don't always get spades. You never know what you're gonna get. You get fertilizer, corn, or spades in some combination, but you don't always get spades.

I keep getting corn. Lots and lots of corn. I have corn running out my ears. I have enough corn to craft the Cane Field, Sani-John Smokehouse, and Farmers Market - if I had enough fertilizer to go with it. It's looking like (for me at least) that Corn is to this event as red telephones were to the Superheroes event...

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Today (Now) start spreading the characters with the same tasks, (Certainly the one with the longest time (16h) )

Meh. The payout for the 16 hour task is corn. Like I need more... I only set characters on that if they can't get fertilizer.

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Wait to craft anything (keep your corn, fertilizer... to level up the building to unlock more characters)

This I agree with 1000 percent. Another spoiler: And it's not just Marnsarno that will need upgrading...

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Don't tap the "spade" from your building 8h before timer

Or time it so that it comes out soon after.

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Choose to only tap the people handshakes AFTER the timer resets.

- Wait to clear Cecil's task to get the payout (twice with glitch :wink: ) till after the timer reset.

Unless you're farming for donuts. Donuts are worth a lot more in the long run than yet another extra building (telephone booths anyone?)

I currently need only 425 spades for another chance at donuts in my #2 town. And I might just make it to another set in my #1 town as well.

And you forgot: Don't do your neighbor visits until after the changeover. (direwolf987 remembered though...)
  • wadebear wrote:
    brickevand408 wrote:
    My strategy to a fast start in phase 2

- Dont tap mutants 8h before timer reset. (To have a Maxout of mutants in your town)

1. You max out on mutant corn in 6 hours and 20 minutes.

2. I'm not so sure about that. We're changing invaders. I suspect that when the update hits (I'm assuming it's a download) that all the mutant corn will disappear. Highlight for spoiler: The first task is to tap 5 of the next mutant plant. When the mutant corn was first released in Act 1 you also had to tap 5, and they immediately dropped them.

I could be wrong, but in any case...

The mutant corn pays out randomly and you don't always get spades. You never know what you're gonna get. You get fertilizer, corn, or spades in some combination, but you don't always get spades.

I keep getting corn. Lots and lots of corn. I have corn running out my ears. I have enough corn to craft the Cane Field, Sani-John Smokehouse, and Farmers Market - if I had enough fertilizer to go with it. It's looking like (for me at least) that Corn is to this event as red telephones were to the Superheroes event...

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Today (Now) start spreading the characters with the same tasks, (Certainly the one with the longest time (16h) )

Meh. The payout for the 16 hour task is corn. Like I need more... I only set characters on that if they can't get fertilizer.

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Wait to craft anything (keep your corn, fertilizer... to level up the building to unlock more characters)

This I agree with 1000 percent. Another spoiler: And it's not just Marnsarno that will need upgrading...

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Don't tap the "spade" from your building 8h before timer

Or time it so that it comes out soon after.

brickevand408 wrote:
    - Choose to only tap the people handshakes AFTER the timer resets.

- Wait to clear Cecil's task to get the payout (twice with glitch :wink: ) till after the timer reset.

Unless you're farming for donuts. Donuts are worth a lot more in the long run than yet another extra building (telephone booths anyone?)

I currently need only 425 spades for another chance at donuts in my #2 town. And I might just make it to another set in my #1 town as well.

And you forgot: Don't do your neighbor visits until after the changeover. (direwolf987 remembered though...)

As you may know, you are going to need that corn later to craft and to do upgrades to the things you alluded to.

The 16hr tasks spread out is not just for the corn, but more for the attempt to get a faster done task on the red box task. If you don't assign those at all then if your red box task is that one, then it will be 16 hrs until you finish. If you are lucky then it will be a very short time even if that is the assigned task. Properly spaced, you can get lucky and finish a number of red box tasks in just a few minutes! Brick pointed this out in another thread.

Cheers!
  • I shall just carry on playing as normal. I do my neighbours in the evening so don't want to miss out on up the three free donuts today! As for the other stuff who knows what we might get. The update comes at 9am our time and I have to be out the house at 9.15 so won't have time till later to do anything anyway.
  • As you may know, you are going to need that corn later to craft and to do upgrades to the things you alluded to.

The 16hr tasks spread out is not just for the corn, but more for the attempt to get a faster done task on the red box task. If you don't assign those at all then if your red box task is that one, then it will be 16 hrs until you finish. If you are lucky then it will be a very short time even if that is the assigned task. Properly spaced, you can get lucky and finish a number of red box tasks in just a few minutes! Brick pointed this out in another thread.

Cheers!

Amen!

Finally someone understands! :lol:

red box tasks For me the only thing I whant (spades or other thing in phase two) BECAUSE all characters are in those prizesset. :P

I hade over the 35000 SPADES so my stradegy worked fine for me :wink:

To miss a couple of Fertilizer or corn I dont care, just wanna have all characters and the Simpsons boat. (boat I will craft AFTER all lvl updates) :wink:

20000 Fertilizer
    9000 Corn
  • Another forum had an excellent idea: Keep Homer and Lisa free for tomorrow.

We can store all other characters but them and they are very likely needed for act 2 quests.
  • brickevand408 wrote:

..snip..

red box tasks For me the only thing I whant (spades or other thing in phase two) BECAUSE all characters are in those prizesset. :P

worked great for me too, thanks again for sharing
  • wadebear wrote:
    other then the weird random update, nothing was added in this update, infact, everything till the end of the event is already in the game since it begun lol

nissa762 wrote:
    Another forum had an excellent idea: Keep Homer and Lisa free for tomorrow.

We can store all other characters but them and they are very likely needed for act 2 quests.

Homer starts and then after something you need to do, Lisa has jobs so good idea.
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    wadebear wrote:
    other then the weird random update, nothing was added in this update, infact, everything till the end of the event is already in the game since it begun lol

nissa762 wrote:
    Another forum had an excellent idea: Keep Homer and Lisa free for tomorrow.

Homer starts and then after something you need to do, Lisa has jobs so good idea.

Yes, Here on forum in the walktrough sticky that LP made, you can read that to so it was obivous to me not to mention. :mrgreen:
  • brickevand408 wrote:
    As you may know, you are going to need that corn later to craft and to do upgrades to the things you alluded to.

Cheers!

Amen!

Finally someone understands! :lol:

To miss a couple of Fertilizer or corn I dont care, just wanna have all characters and the Simpsons boat. (boat I will craft AFTER all lvl updates) :wink:

20000 Fertilizer
    9000 Corn

You've been a great help, Brick!, as have so many of you!! :thumbup: Thanks!!