Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Disappointing defaults Same Old Same Old

I enjoy the franchise building and playing part of the game and one of the things I do is try to set the game so it generates results as close as possible to real NHL results.

SOME of this can be accomplished using the sliders, but one thing you can't fix with them is the TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL hitting. See attached.

In ONE game there was a TOTAL of 148 hits (7 minute periods) There were two guys in a heap on the ice MOST OF THE GAME.

What is worse is that I had the AGGRESSION set to 1 out of 100 because of how ridiculous the hitting has been in previous years. Seriously? THIS YEAR IS EVEN WORSE.

If I hadn't also turned off injuries there would have been about 10 in that game. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• that means that EVERY skater on each team averaged 4 hits. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

• Having this overwhelming number of hits disrupts the game because it takes the players so long to get up you have to skate around at neutral ice for 10 seconds before you can do anything. FIX IT!!! PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE

• That’s annoying. I’m wondering though… is the game at least challenging? I haven’t purchased it yet but I’m an offline guy who plays on Superstar. I’ll settle for being hit 200 times if it means I can’t just skate past the AI in a straight line every rush.

• I also play at superstar. I have only played one game so far, and because I like franchise building I took the worst team by far, the Flames. Surprisingly we beat Vancouver 3-1. The defense seemed a little better, but I have set my sliders to try to get game average results, i.e. combined 60 shots per game, combined 6 penalties per game, LEADING hitter having 3-4 hits per game, etc.,  etc.

Last years model required me turning the goalie sliders to 85% across the board so I wouldn't have 7-5 scores 3 out of 4 games. I can answer better once I have played a few more games. I am afraid to turn injuries on, LOL

• after two games I think the defense is better compared to the same settings from '24. The stick checking and pass deflections seem to be more numerous and you need to move the puck quicker. It does seem to be harder to skate right down the middle

• Is that in a similar or actual playing a game , I have hitting power at 25 human  and cpu and aggression at either 75 or 90 (still undecided on that one ) and get about 25 hits from cpu on 7 min periods. 

• wow. I am playing games, The hitting power must be the key. I went through and set the "attribute effect" to 10 and the checking attributes to 75 (i.e. hitting power, size effect, speed effect) because I think it defeats the entire purpose of drafting for "big, strong, fast players if these are at default settings. I will try lowering the hitting power. THANKS!!!

• based on what you said I changed ONLY the hitting power to 3o and it seems to have worked perfectly.  THANKS AGAIN.