Forum Discussion

3 hours ago

A better way to fix fleets, move crystals from Fleet Arena

Ultimately the problem isn't that Punishing One can beat Leviathan, but that Fleet arena is where the crystals are.  This is what makes people upset.  I think that we need to move those crystals away from fleet arena and in doing so it will open up fleets to more strategy and a wider design space just like characters.  I think this is important for the game moving forward.

This can be done by moving the crystals in two ways (I think both should be done):  

1.  Add another league above Kyber in GAC, Call it Beskar like I have heard Songeta mention.  Some added crystals to sweeten the deal and an elite level.  This would allow CG to open up Kyber to more players and create a new level that is meant to stay exclusive.  

2.  Create a league system for TW that awards guilds daily crystals based on their level and revamp the map. 

I would suggest a planet layout kind of like the Gerbil mentioned before in a video.  There would be a map of interconnected planets like ROTE, and you would need to get through a zone of fleets, either outside the planet or in an asteroid belt.  That would then open up to a zone of characters on a planet surface. 

This would make fleets valuable so that there would still be money to be made releasing new ships and fleets.  The ship marquee structure could be kept to keep new ships more like characters and make them more exclusive for whales and their guilds initially just like they go after characters for GAC/TW.  It would also allow for more interesting ship design/strategy moving forward and balance can be shifted around freely, even allowing datacrons for ships or mods for them.

Making fleets a bigger part of the TW system would make it so that players would need to invest heavily in them to still get their crystals and keep a heavy focus on fleets in the game.  Players that already do well in fleet arena will find a home in a good TW guild and it would promote more engagement with that mode across the board.

No RepliesBe the first to reply