Forum Discussion

joeb8881
New Spectator
5 years ago

A "bonus turn" should be the opposite of stun.

Just my opinion based on frustration -

If a character's kit says "bonus turn", that character should gain enough TM to actually take a turn. Otherwise it's not a bonus turn, it's just gaining TM up to 100%.
Which in the case of a stunned character, is a TM reset to zero, leaving a sitting duck on the battlefield waiting for all the remaining enemies to attack and even stun again if possible.. negating further turns and "bonus turns".

Stun = missing one turn.
If you're at 75% TM and get stunned, you lose all your TM and your next turn = 175% TM.
At that point, you get attacked by anyone on the opposing team with more TM and can get stunned again by the opposing team, which removes all your current TM and your next turn again.

My problem is - if you gain a "bonus turn" while stunned, you don't actually move. You just gain enough TM to get you out of stun. Which then you are at zero TM and can get stunned again repeating the cycle. For example: you get stunned. Then, you get hit by all remaining enemies. After that onslaught, you're now at 75% TM and still stunned. BUT, you've triggered a bonus turn. At the very minimum, you should gain a full turn (100%TM) to be un-stunned and at 75% TM without stun. Not just gain 25% TM to get out of stun. Ideally though, IMO, you should get all TM necessary to take an actual bonus turn (125% TM).

If it's somehow game breaking for the buff to match the debuff in mechanics, then the text on "bonus turn" abilities should be written to correctly state what they are: "When X threshold is reached, gain bonus turn meter up to 100% (immune to all abilites and debuffs)".

• "Malachi;c-2038750" wrote:
    Hahahahaaaaa you guys are too much.

I'm simply saying, in my opinion, that a bonus turn sounds like and should be a turn where an ability is used regardless of the state of the character. As in, a bonus turn. Not a TM gain to 100%.

That's it! ?

A. That's not what you described in your example where the character ended up at 75% TM with no stun. That was a simple stun removal with CD reduction included.

B. And what about the stun? You want a bonus turn to be (current bonus turn + stun removal)? Or should removal of ability block be included as well?

C. What exactly du you want?
  • "RandomSithLord;c-2038776" wrote:
    Why shouldn't stun be the opposite of a bonus turn?

That's what cleanse / debuff removal is for.

• Why isn't a bonus turn the opposite of a stun? Stun stops you attacking, bonus turn allows you to, regardless of daze, hence it isn't TM gain, and they cancel out.
  • "Malachi;c-2038750" wrote:

I'm simply saying, in my opinion, that a bonus turn sounds like and should be a turn where an ability is used regardless of the state of the character. As in, a bonus turn. Not a TM gain to 100%.

That's it! ?

Pretty sure this means that the character in question takes an active turn as if not stunned, and then the stun reverts back into effect for the non-bonus turn. Nothing to do with TM according to this wording.
  • "SinisterSandman;c-2038995" wrote:
    "Malachi;c-2038750" wrote:

That's it! ?

Pretty sure this means that the character in question takes an active turn as if not stunned, and then the stun reverts back into effect for the non-bonus turn. Nothing to do with TM according to this wording.

How we interpret the words "bonus turn" is irrelevant. Their meaning is defined by CG.
  • Just to clarify.
    Bonus turn isn't 100% TM gain.
    Bonus turn is somewhere in between 1% and 100% turn meter gain.
    If you have a toon with 66% TM and triggers a BT, you gained only 33% TM.
  • "GJO;c-2039108" wrote:
    Just to clarify.
    Bonus turn isn't 100% TM gain.
    Bonus turn is somewhere in between 1% and 100% turn meter gain.
    If you have a toon with 66% TM and triggers a BT, you gained only 33% TM.

A bonus turn is a gain of 100% TM, the same way as B2's Relentless Barrage gives a chance to gain 100% TM. The only difference is, that the bonus turn cannot be prevented by daze, shock etc.
  • So the concept of 'bonus turn' vs 'TM gain' is largely to help differentiate what is impacted when facing characters who prevent bonus TM gain (e.g. Malak, Hux, etc.). Those characters have abilities that prevent 'TM Gain', but 'Bonus Turns' bypass that mechanic. Otherwise it'd be even more confusing to players to determine whether or not a particular character's TM gain mechanic would be negated by an opposing character's ability that prevents bonus TM.

Also, you're forgetting that Fear also causes a toon to miss a turn - not just stun...