Forum Discussion

8 years ago

A Futile Plea

I realise that there is a -500% chance that the devs will actually listen to this, but I really feel the need to say it.

Please. Stop with the Rebels.

It's a sentiment that has been repeatedly, and I mean REPEATEDLY, echoed over the past few months, but it's really starting to get to me now as I look at my shard. Of the top 50 teams, 6 are DS.

Of 50.

Every day when I reach node 12 of GW, I come up against a Rebel or LS team. Every single day. Recently, they've started to get multiple G12 characters in the teams.

The meta of this game has been dominated for the majority of its existence by Rebels. From the days of Wiggs, to Chaze, to CLS. There have been very few times when Rebels were not viable to some capacity. We don't need any more of them. We don't need new Rebel characters, and we don't need reworks, and we certainly don't need different-era versions of characters we've already got.

What we need are for other teams to actually be viable for once. And I'm not just talking about DS teams. Clones, Night Sisters, Sith, Empire, Droids, Separatists. None of these teams have been the meta for a long time. They've all had incredibly up-hill battles just to stay in the top 100. And the one time one of them actually did get to be the meta (Sith), a character was created (R2) that countered them so completely and utterly that it almost instantly forced them from the meta.

And don't give me some useless excuse like when AhnaldT101 was told there is a secret Vader team that's almost unstoppable. Nobody believes that. People spend all day theory-crafting on this game, and none of them have found it? I wonder why... oh yeah, cause it's made-up.

I realise the pointlessness of me saying all this. After ROLO and Hoth Han, they'll release more Rebel characters who'll dominate the arena, and reach that 80% usage with CLS and R2.

I guess this is mostly just to vent frustrations. Oh well.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,306 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago