Forum Discussion

7 years ago

A Galaxy of Heroes without Mods

You guys remember a long long time ago there was a galaxy of heroes with no mods?

Personally i liked it way better.

Dont know about you guys but to me mods have become a really big headache.

Theres over 100 characters and each needs 6 mods and each mod has 6 statistics (including the set bonus) so managing 600 mods means 3600 statistics. I have almost 1000 mods that's thats over 6000 statistics.
Not to mention characters statistics.

Realistically i only think indepth about using my mods perfectly to fit about 10 characters. But even that is rather time consuming and if you move your best around alot to beat other events, returning them to the arena team is rather tough to remember where each individual mod was so well organized before.

Lastly the fact that mods without speed secondaries are basically worthless in comparison to mods with them is just kinda dumb. Some exceptions, but the majority of the time this is true. Mods were said to help a character improve upon his weakness and even out. But with speed can basically make a whole new character thats 10x better.

Im ocd and think things through to get the best outcome so organizing mods is a bit of a nightmare for me but im sure im not alone.

I think it would be way more fun and much less headache if they got rid of mods.

What do you guys think?
  • I am not the fastest in my shard, but being able to setup a team more fully helps tonnes
  • What I don't like about mods is you can spend $10 on crystal refreshes and I can spend $1000 on crystal refreshes and it's possible that you get better mods than me. Or, if FTP, I spend all my free crystals on mod farming each week and another player spends no refreshes they can still get better mods Than me by RNG. And this RNG advantage is permanent (speed secondaries) . So one lucky +25 mod early on can put someone months ahead of other players because of an RNG oddity. That a lot more RNG than farming a character and getting a lot more shards. You can eventually catch up on shards. You may never catch up on speed secondaries, possibly. I don't see how speed secondaries is less RNG than damage etc in battles since it is still luck of the small odds in farming. And in my opinion, it is exponentially more RNG and more permanent RNG.

If there were skill in picking mods to place, then I would agree @Kyno but it is 99% speed secondary RNG that decides if a mod is good or not. And it takes no skill to go to swgoh.gg and sort by speed. Even less when they implement the sorting in game.

I suppose you could say it is skill in deciding who to put your fastest mods on and who to go first on your team, but my experience has been: have faster speed than opponent, win on offense ( and vice versa)
  • Mods are great, secondaries are super RNG based yes, but it gives you more options for customizing how you want your team to work with the primaries which are set based on what level the mod is. And the sets are definite numbers for everyone. Mods allow you to buff your support characters with Speed or health, your attackers with offense or crit damage or crit chance, your tanks with health or defense or speed etc. Secondaries are really the only place where I can understand the RNG complaint, but mods are a great addition to this game.

Mod challenges require you to at least farm some teams to to 5* and g8 or so --> Gives you more reason to expand your roster mid game. Mod sets allow you to buff tanks/support/attackers differently and same with the primary stats you choose for your Arrow/Triangle/Cross/Circle mods. Getting those mods might be slightly rng dependent, but once you have them, you have them. Unlike the secondaries where you still have to get them and then maybe you'll get the secondary you want to go up.

Mods are the only way to keep this game interesting as it's really the only way you can make your characters unique from others.