Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Add diminishing returns

there, pvp fixed

Long and insightful post is long and insightful

In all seriousness, have it teter totter...ability hits (ie. evade, speed down, etc..), lower % moving forward...each time it misses, higher % moving forward
  • "Darth_Jay77;448492" wrote:
    "Waqui;448434" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;448288" wrote:

It's hard to explain unless you did competitive Arena in World of Warcraft. Toons like the "Rogue" and "Ice Mage" relied heavily on being able to CC their opponent through stuns and other immobilization effects.

Rogues and ice mages had other tools in their repetoire as well (dmg). What will Old Daka have left if this is implemented? Weak healing, weak dmg and and a very unreliable revive. That would render her useless.

Her revive makes her a target for sure anyway. I don't know how or if it's even possible to implement something like this; I just said it's not a bad idea. LOL!

And I just pointed out some weaknesses in the idea. Yes, they can be dealt with, but it requires a rebalancing as previously stated.

PS. Don't take things personally. I'm discussing the suggestion — not you or your intellect.
  • "Waqui;448896" wrote:

PS. Don't take things personally. I'm discussing the suggestion — not you or your intellect.

If only more people understood that.
  • "Waqui;448896" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;448492" wrote:
    "Waqui;448434" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;448288" wrote:

It's hard to explain unless you did competitive Arena in World of Warcraft. Toons like the "Rogue" and "Ice Mage" relied heavily on being able to CC their opponent through stuns and other immobilization effects.

Rogues and ice mages had other tools in their repetoire as well (dmg). What will Old Daka have left if this is implemented? Weak healing, weak dmg and and a very unreliable revive. That would render her useless.

Her revive makes her a target for sure anyway. I don't know how or if it's even possible to implement something like this; I just said it's not a bad idea. LOL!

And I just pointed out some weaknesses in the idea. Yes, they can be dealt with, but it requires a rebalancing as previously stated.

Didn't take it personally guy...
  • Diminishing returns would certainly be nice not just for debuff, but for dodging (i.e. each time a toon dodges, their next chance of dodging is reduced). There are lots of easy and well-known ways of fixing the overabundance of dodging and stunning in arena, but given how long CG has been sitting on their hands I'm guessing whatever solution they do come up with will simply break the game somewhere else.