Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Balancing the meta

Balancing the meta

We have come far in this game and arrived in a place where a select few characters combine multiple roles in a team overwhelmingly well so that only extreme synergy like resistance or jedi can hope to defeat them. I am of course talking about Chaze, GK, R2, Thrawn and DN. The one thing they all have in common is that they perform outstanding supporting abilities while also filling other roles.

Chaze: I do not know what the developer were thinking when they put together their kit other than to create a powerful pay-to-win tool but this game does not need that to make money. Chaze combines everything and is great at it: dps, taunt, heal, anti-crit, dispel, cleanse, ten up and therefore desperately needs a nerf.

GK: He is an outstanding tank with a cleanse and a mass call to assist, which are support abilities.

R2: R2 seems to be the most balanced out of this list as he strictly sticks to his role as a support. Only in a Jedi lineup does his dps seem considerable.

Thrawn: Other than R2, Thrawn has a very high dps for a strict support character.

DN:Here is the guy that makes attackers and dps in this game basically obsolete and is therefore the greatest threat. In addition to a mass cooldown increase, which is unaffected by ten up and a dispel on his basic, he gets basically unlimited damage every 4 turns. He is important to keep those barriss time-out-teams in check though.

I don't want CG to release the "same" character over and over again in terms of filling multiple roles better than other toons fill their single role. I am not generally against a character combining more than one role but he/she should be worse at those than others who are more specialized. I would therefore nerf the before listed character in the following way.

The Nerfs

Chaze: I would like to see a complete rework here so they have a more specialized synergy with "rogue one" characters but if i wanted to make it simple then I would remove Baze's "Unload" ability and Chirrut's "As the Force Wills" to narrow down their roles in a team composition. They have 5(!) abilities. For two minor characters from a minor Star Wars movie this is ridiculous. Compare that to Vader.

GK: As he has adopted two powerful support abilities he should sacrifice some of his viability as a pure tank. Therefore I would decrease his health/protection by about 15%. Why would you ever prefer another tank otherwise?

R2: Does not need a nerf. He is just a very good support that doesn't harm the game.

Thrawn: As previously mentioned he needs a nerf to his dps. Considering his powerful abilities and speed his damage should be almost non-existant.

DN: Now here comes the tricky one. We do not want to nerf him into the ground because he has to counter time-out teams so i would either change "Annihilate" to killing the opponent with the least amount of health (this would have synergy with Sith Assassin and Trooper as they attack health directly) or increase the cooldown to 14 so DN can only use it every 5-6 turns, which should give enemy dps toons enough time to break through before he gets too crazy.

In the end it is about diversity in arena and not about cramming the 5 most op toons available with little to no synergy in a team and win lol.

P.S.: Attackers are dearly missed in arena.