Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Seasoned Veteran
2 years ago

Brainstorming something weird

A friend's guild mate reported that in one account Dash's basic was calling assists and in the other it wasn't They double checked and abilities were maxed and they had prepared allies. The obvious stuff was confirmed not to be the problem.

So we're just brainstorming ideas, like maybe the one that didn't assist was during an attack on Darth Revan or something? Then it occurred to us that neither of us has all the DataCron and Omicron abilities memorized, so we thought we would just come here. Before assuming this is a bug, does anyone have any ideas that would explain this.

So far all we've got are:
1) attacking DR
2) Conquest/Galactic Challenge Modifiers preventing assists?
3) Datacrons preventing assists?

Anyone got details on how this would happen? Or should we start looking at the possibility this is a bug?

ETA:
Unfortunately I cannot provide more details. (For instance against what enemies and in what game modes.) That was part of why I brought it here to brainstorm, because my friend is a guild officer and got this message which mentioned some of the usual suspects (like did he double check that he had his basic maxed) but far too few details other than that.

I'm sorry I didn't mention Deadly Bluff -- we did think of that, but I hadn't written it as a possibility above. To the people who mentioned it, you're right, that's a good thing to check.

one thing I hadn't thought about was that some teams gain effective crit immunity at the start of the battle. (e.g. JMK squads w/ bonus prot and SLKR squads with Advantage). That's something to ask about. Thanks, folks.

More ideas are always welcome.
  • Can you provide any more details as to the specific team comps, game modes, and datacrons in each instance? Dash only calls assists in basic when he crits IIRC, so there’s that as well.
  • Deadly Bluff from Boushh blocks assists.
    Did Dash Crit?
    Were his allies Prepared?

I use Dash all the time and have never noticed any issues.

Can you provide more details? Like Full team on both sides?
  • Also I don't think there are any DCs currently active that would prevent assists. So most likely either DR, crit immunity, or Deadly Bluff are the culprits. Are there any other kit mechanics that stop assists (exempting debuffs)? I can't think of any right this moment, but I'm not really familiar with the intricacies of the Inquisitors faction.

And on that note, I'm also assuming that there's no daze or anything similar in play, since you stated the "obvious stuff was confirmed not to be the problem".

Also, if it was in the current GC on Ilum, you can't assist or attack OoT as long as you have the "Hesitation" status effect. That can be an easy one to overlook if you don't read the fine print.