Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Crashes during GL events no provision for ticket refund

Seems there are a number of complaints of crashes during GL events. These can be frustrating when they are in TW/GAC/Arena but if you have spent a good amount of crystals to get the tickets required it can be more than frustrating.

The standard line is:

"sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, we can't refund the Light Side tickets used for the battle due to a game crash."

I assume the same goes for the dark side too.

Given that following their troubleshooting guide does nothing to help the situation when it happens and having followed their instructions to the letter only to have crashes happen mid battle why did they not provision the ability to refund tickets.

Their offer of 200-500 crystals does not go anywhere near to compensating for the loss if you farm say 30 in a day. They should offer that on top of the amount that person used to farm the tickets.
  • My game crashed today during a T6 battle vs Kylo. Rey went to use Lifeblood and the game locked up. The sound cut out, back in for a second, then reverted to a monotone buzzing noise. 70 tickets down the drain.

I'm not even going to bother raising a ticket. I did so before for an issue that was practically the same (game freezing) and despite sending support the full logs from my device - including sections that were reporting errors - nothing came of it. That topic went on for pages and pages with numerous people suffering exactly the same problem across both Android and iOS and on many different devices.

Sadly I can only conclude that CG lack either the expertise or the resource to actually bottom this bug out and develop a fix.

• Yeah the game is freezing and crashing constantly currently since the Tech Update in 09th July, the bugs report forum is full of these problems, maybe 30 or 40 threats about it and more everyday.

This is happening is a lot of devices, specially Android devices, but also some iOS Apple devices. Specially is happening in Android emulators like BlueStacks, also I tried in MeMu and is the same. I tried make new instances to start from 0 data and happens always the same, constant freezes and crashes, specially if you use 2 accounts wit 2 instances at same time. Mostly I'm playin in my iPhone SE where is not happening these problems, I cannot play with BlueStacks currently. Happened to some youtubers like AhnaldT101, Its Just Ian during the stream, I think happened 3 times to Ahnald when he did a stream to show Threepio, and 1 time yesterday in the Its Just Ian stream, so is a general error.

I hope they are workin on it, but again the communication is terrible, nobody said nothing about it, and in the bugs report forum the only thing that the administrators say is "clear your cache", "maybe is because of your connection", or "let's try a troubleshooting", they not say nothing interesting like "we reported this problem to developers" and maybe some days after some announcement saying "the developers are working in the freezes and crashes", but since 09th July nobody said nothing, the communication in this game is terrible. It happens in games like Fornite and we have an announcement 5 minutes later LOL not 5 weeks later when it seems is being to happen, or maybe 5 months later will be announced LOL
  • It sucks, but there’s just not a lot they can do. Fixing app crashes is a never ending battle. All apps have them. Sometimes its not even the apps fault, it’s the phones fault. Compensating for it would cause more problems than it would solve. I’ve lost a grand arena match solely because of a crash, so I do understand the anger it causes. But there’s just not really a good solution.
  • "Bulldog1205;c-2148258" wrote:
    It sucks, but there’s just not a lot they can do. Fixing app crashes is a never ending battle. All apps have them. Sometimes its not even the apps fault, it’s the phones fault. Compensating for it would cause more problems than it would solve. I’ve lost a grand arena match solely because of a crash, so I do understand the anger it causes. But there’s just not really a good solution.

It's just that the same event keeps crashing that costs you a lot to attempt and people would like it fixed so they don't have to be wasting tons and tons of energy farming GL tickets to attempt the event so it could just crash and steal their tickets.

And losing one single GA match isn't a hug deal.
  • Please make sure to report all bugs and issues to Answers HQ. Reports and discussions there can help highlight issues to help get them the attention they deserve.

It may seem that a bug or issue is the same as something else, but without reports and all the information they ask for there is no way to know for sure.

<>