Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Darth Sidious Rework Idea

Darth Sidious

Unit Name: Darth Sidious
Tags: Dark Side, Sith, Attacker

Basic: Deathstroke (Omega): Deal physical damage to target enemy. Inflict offense down and health down (20%) for 2 turns. Reduce the Cooldown of Demorilizing Blows by 1 for each debuff inflicted.

Special: Demorilizing Blows (Zeta): Deal special damage to all enemies. Deal massive damage to target enemy. Inflict healing immunity on all enemies for 3 turns. (Cooldown 8)

Special: Raging Blow (Omega): Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict defense down, healing immunity, offense down, tenacity down, expose, and potency down for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Leader: Unlimited Power (Zeta): All Sith allies have +30% offense and defense penetration. Whenever an Sith ally damages an exposed enemy all Sith allies gain 20% turn meter. Whenever an Sith ally gains a buff, all Sith allies gain 5% turn meter. Whenever an ally is inflicted with a debuff, all sith allies gain 10% turn meter. Whenever an Jedi enemy is damaged, all sith allies gain 5% turn meter. All Sith allies start each encounter with offense up and retribution for 3 turns.

Unique: Sadistic Glee (Zeta): Darth Sidious has +20% offense for each Sith ally. Whenever Darth Sidious inflicts a debuff, he gains 15% turn meter. At the start of each of his turns he inflicts expose on a random enemy. Darth Sidious is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and ignores taunt and taunt effects during his turn.
  • "Sebek;c-2243488" wrote:
    "Anakins_Master;c-2243487" wrote:
    Because the TM gain is only up to 20%

For example, when wat tambor uses his basic during turn(2 HOTs), all sith allies gain 100% TM

Edited it
  • Main problem has already been stated: Too much turn meter gain. Both his lead and unqiue just grant too much. Its also not very unqiue since his emperor version already does that with his lead. Plus Darth Sidious is another Physical attacker (thou in his case his physical and special offence are actually pretty close. It's jus he has ~96% physical crit chance and ~28% Special crit chance. So it's not impossible to include Special damage in his kit. But both Specials feels a bit too much of a waste of his Crit Chance).
    But what bothers me personally the most is the unqiue. Cause there is nothing "Sadistic" about it. I mean, this guy when fighting Maul and Savage went out of his way to kill Savage in a way so he could see Maul's reaction. (sadistic generally/roughly means taking pleasure in the suffering of others). Yet the closest thing to that in this unique is the expose, which is more leading up to the suffering rather than enjoying it while it happens. The new special is pretty nice thou (even if he has 2 exposes in his kit with it). Not sure why his first special's cooldown need to be handled that way, but it's fine.
    If you're interested, I'll leave link to my rework idea of Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Savage opress right here:
    Darth Sidious: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea
    Maul and Savage: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223566/darth-maul-and-savage-opress-rework-ideas
  • "Ichiraikou;c-2243784" wrote:
    Main problem has already been stated: Too much turn meter gain. Both his lead and unqiue just grant too much. Its also not very unqiue since his emperor version already does that with his lead. Plus Darth Sidious is another Physical attacker (thou in his case his physical and special offence are actually pretty close. It's jus he has ~96% physical crit chance and ~28% Special crit chance. So it's not impossible to include Special damage in his kit. But both Specials feels a bit too much of a waste of his Crit Chance).
    But what bothers me personally the most is the unqiue. Cause there is nothing "Sadistic" about it. I mean, this guy when fighting Maul and Savage went out of his way to kill Savage in a way so he could see Maul's reaction. (sadistic generally/roughly means taking pleasure in the suffering of others). Yet the closest thing to that in this unique is the expose, which is more leading up to the suffering rather than enjoying it while it happens. The new special is pretty nice thou (even if he has 2 exposes in his kit with it). Not sure why his first special's cooldown need to be handled that way, but it's fine.
    If you're interested, I'll leave link to my rework idea of Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Savage opress right here:
    Darth Sidious: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea
    Maul and Savage: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223566/darth-maul-and-savage-opress-rework-ideas

About crit chance, I do not want him being too OP
  • "Anakins_Master;c-2243785" wrote:
    "Ichiraikou;c-2243784" wrote:
    Main problem has already been stated: Too much turn meter gain. Both his lead and unqiue just grant too much. Its also not very unqiue since his emperor version already does that with his lead. Plus Darth Sidious is another Physical attacker (thou in his case his physical and special offence are actually pretty close. It's jus he has ~96% physical crit chance and ~28% Special crit chance. So it's not impossible to include Special damage in his kit. But both Specials feels a bit too much of a waste of his Crit Chance).

I think that boat kind of sailed when you included turn meter gains at a level that make Emperor Palatine lead look slow by comparison. :D
    Plus it's his natural critical chance, without any abilities or mods taken into consideration. Not sure why you wouldn't use that when the game just gave it to him. But it is your kit idea. I can only give my oppinion. Whay you do with it is up to you.
  • "Anakins_Master;c-2243792" wrote:
    "Ichiraikou;c-2243790" wrote:
    "Anakins_Master;c-2243785" wrote:
    "Ichiraikou;c-2243784" wrote:

I think that boat kind of sailed when you included turn meter gains at a level that make Emperor Palatine lead look slow by comparison. :D
    Plus it's his natural critical chance, without any abilities or mods taken into consideration. Not sure why you wouldn't use that when the game just gave it to him. But it is your kit idea. I can only give my oppinion. Whay you do with it is up to you.

I'll change the TM gain

Have you seen my version of him? Might give you some ideas (as I think his lead is a valid option despite having no turn mete gains in it. It's definitely one of my favorites).