Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Darth Sidious Rework

One of the most powerful sith with the power to change others.
Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Sith

Basic- Precise Blows- Deal Special damage to target enemy and Sidious gains 5% turn meter for each attack he has made this turn.

Special- Deceiving Stab- Deal Special damage to target enemy and he steals there turn meter and gives it to himself or another sith ally. If the target enemy had less then 25% turn meter then Sidious deals 50% bonus damage on them (with this ability).

Special- Deceive the enemies- Inflict one random enemy with Deceive for 2 turns, then Sidious gains 45% turn meter and stealth for 2 turns.
Deceive - This units next attack will randomly attack one of there allies. And you can not pick the ability of the person who has deceive. This cant be dispelled.

Leader- Masters Touch- All Sith allies have 25+ speed and if a Sith ally is under stealth they have 25% chance to inflict Deceive[/b for 1 turn with there special abilities. Whenever a light side ally attacks out of turn or gains bonus turn meter all Sith allies gain 25% turn meter and have 75% chance to stealth for 2 turns this stealth chance is 100% chance if they are attacker or support.
While a sith ally is under stealth they gain +25 speed and +10 defense penetration. Whenever a sith allies stealth is removed or is off he gains +5 speed for each enemy with deceive on them.

Unique- Twisted Mind- Darth Sidious has +10 speed for each sith ally and gains 5% turn meter at end of each of his attacks for each ally with stealth. He also gains +10 defense penetration for each ally defeated.
  • "DARTH_KARRE;c-2115118" wrote:
    dude i already know u did rework IK ALL OF YOURS ARE PERFECT well im not perfect ok so screw my life im go kill myself
    every kit i make sucks

First of all, I do not believe in any way my kit's are perfect. I've always maintained the believe that a single person by themselves can never make something that's truly good, be it kit idea's on a form or any other work in real live. This, of course, includes myself.
    Secondly, if you'r kit idea's didn't have any potential in them at all, I wouldn't be giving feedback to them. I give feedback in the hope that I can help make it idea's better and that my viewpoint combined with the creator's can create something better. This stems from my believe mentioned above. If I felt there was no potential, or if I felt I couldn't help improve a kit in any way, I wouldn't be giving feedback at all.
    Third, and most importantly of all: In high school my favorite teacher was my physics teacher. That teacher hung themselves in their home on the same day and time I was celebrating my birthday. On top of that, one of my best friends suffers from depression and I've personally prevented one of their suicide attempts. So I find your comment there, to say it in terms that don't violate the form rules and guidelines, extremely disrespectful and inappropriate. Never say that again.
  • I... don't like this. at all. Thou this might have something to do with the fact that Darth Sidious is one of my favorite characters. It most certainly also has to do with that this kit doesn't have goo design and is not an accurate representation of the character.
    Lets start with the biggest problem: Deceive. This debuff is wrong in 2 ways: it's against the spirit of the game (or any game for that matter) and isn't an accurate representation of the character. This debuff makes it so that control of the characters is completely removed from the player. The character will move on their own with no control or input of the player and will always attack their own allies. It isn't like stun, which just skips a turn. It's taking control completely away from the player, which is the exact opposite of what any game should do. It's broken in the wrong way. On top of that, Darth Sidious is a masterful manipulator. And deception is only a small part of manipulation. So this doesn't in any way represent the manipulator that Darth Sidious was. It focuses way to much on a single aspect of him.
    Another thing is that there is absolutely nothing in the kit about his Sadistic side. Sidious manipulated events and then relished in the pain and suffering that followed as a result. This is why the best description of him I've ever heard is: "the sadistic master of manipulation". Yet there is absolutely nothing in here about that mayor part of his personality. Once again, the kit focuses too much on a single aspect of a single aspect of the Character.
    Then there is the constant stacking. The kit has Speed mentioned in it 4 times, which is a mayor red flag design wise. It doesn't get much better when he also has 4 mentions of Turn Meter gain in his kit. Which is just broken. It's making me wonder if you even tried on this part.
    Then there is the special damage. Since this is a rework, we are using the one we currently have in game. Who has:

• 6427 Physical offence, 84.04% Physical critical chance, and 139 Armor Penetration
    • 5444 Special offence, 24,33% special critical chance, and 15 Resistance Penetration.

(All stats are at relic level 7 with no mods). As you can see his Special offensive stats are much lower than his Physical ones. So the switch to Special damage is a huge damage nerf for the character. So why does he suddenly deal Special damage?
    There are of course also a lot of smaller things, like: The turn meter condition on his basic, which makes no sense for the kit and is honestly confusing. The turn meter gain on his first special, it's entirely unclear to who the turn meter goes. So throw any strategy with that out the window. His second special selecting a random target. Darth Sidious was anything but random. He was meticulous and precise. and the light side ally synergy on his lead, when his kit is so Sith focused, that comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. (I'm actually wondering if that one is a typo).
    Overall I really don't like this kit. The weird and inconsistent design I can to some extend forgive. But I can't overlook how the deceive mechanic breaks the spirit of the game (or any game for that matter), and I definitely can't forgive the fact that this kit doesn't represent who Darth Sidious is at all. It does sadden me because I'd much rather like a kit. But it is this way.
    I did a rework idea of Darth Sidious myself a while ago. I think I already showed it to you, but I'm not sure. Plus I'll take any opportunity to promote one of my personal favorite kit rework idea's. You can check it out here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea
  • dude i already know u did rework IK ALL OF YOURS ARE PERFECT well im not perfect ok so screw my life im go kill myself
    every kit i make sucks
  • i dont remember saying u violated any rules just saying how i hate MY life, And I am going to shoot myself. see nothing about u violating rules