Forum Discussion

Zumwan2
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

Datacron bottleneck in Mk1 Acumen

Hey CG, I considering that being realistic the two main objectives of Datacrons are 1) refreshing the TW and GAC experience and 2) Extra income (not fooling anyone), I know that there must be a bottleneck of some kind to "incentivize" spending, but why can't it be the Mk2 or Mk3 Acumen?
The way it is now, few of us can really "engage" with datacrons, we'll have enough resources to maybe have a couple of datacrons at level 3 but it's really hard to push past that level.
I know you can always make the decision to "go deep instead of wide" and push a single datacron all the way to level 6 (I don't think we can take them to to level 9 without spending realistically) but if you want us to have more fun, I think it would be nice for us to be able to have more of them. There's just not enough Mk1 Acumen to do this.
    Whatelse73
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Same as the carbonite circuit boards for relic levels you need a ridiculous amount all the way up to R9 and we get less of these than anything else, while needing them the most.

Even those of us playing for years are running out of materials to salvage more because CG puts a stranglehold on them too. I don't expect this to change for Mk1 acumen either. They'll keep it this way purposely. (Though at least they aren't needed for level 9?)

But it's okay, I hear they are working on the gear crunch to help us with that issue all players are having! Possibly before Elon lands on Mars...
    KellinDrexel
    Seasoned Newcomer
    At least we have a lot of data-caches! Can't wait to get to the 30M limit and have nothing to do with them
  • This is useless. We have the same situation with carbantis, kyros, G13 finishers...list goes on and on. why should CG care?
  • "MaruMaru;c-2369508" wrote:
    It's not due to randomness, already explained the reason causing this. You can't dedicatedly farm them unless you are buying the rest of what you need from the shop.

I agree, that's the problem right there.

There are three upgrade materials, three re-roll materials, one currency and the datacrons themselves. That's 8 different ingredients, but we only have 5 treasure nodes in conquest, and the rewards you get are more or less randomized amongst a select few. What we should have is 8 treasure nodes (maybe 7 if you exclude the datacron boxes), that let you target what you need.
  • The level 1 Acumen clears itself up since you don’t need it for later levels at all.

There isn’t a bottleneck, per se, so much as there aren’t enough of ANY resource. To be a bottleneck you need a little of one thing and a lot of something else. This is more like a drought situation.
  • Huh. My RNG must have just been extra random. Here's what I've got (plus 19 mk1)

Random numbers will be random, I guess!
    Whatelse73
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Rius;c-2369612" wrote:
    Normal sector 1 allows you to farm Mk1 acumen or alteration materials but I am either having bad RNG or it’s weighted, current pulled 2 drops of acumen and 12 alteration. It’s lacking in other nodes with better rewards and the red box only has 10. I am trying to get one to level 6 and it’s the Mk1 I am short of.

Because CG is relying on "RNG" (their top employee) to make decisions about what players get, their success rate, etc. The more time passes, the more RNG increases.