Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Datacron level 9: "in squads at or above relic 7"?

My apologies if this has already been explained, but I've read a lot of conflicting information. Most players seem to think that the character bonus of lvl 9 only requires the specific character to be relic 7. But this suggests otherwise:

There is also this bit. "Provided that the requirements of all previous bonus mechanics in that Datacron have been met." The previous levels require relic 5 for the entire squad.

Let's say I roll LS, GR, JMK. Which of the following describes the minimum requirements to activate JMK's bonuses?

1. JMK at r7. Nothing else matters (James Alan Hetfield / Lars Ulrich, © Creeping Death Music)
2. JMK at r7, either solo or with a GR team at any gear level
3. JMK at r7, either solo or with a relic 5 GR team
4. JMK at r7, either solo or with a relic 7 GR team
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "EgoSlayer;c-2368300" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2368299" wrote:
    "Darth_DeVito;c-2368281" wrote:
    Looks like level 9 really does require "squads at or above relic 7", just like the description says. Level 4 already requires a full r5 team. At r3, the datacron can be equipped but is downgraded from level 4 to 3 so the last bonus doesn't apply. The same would happen with a level 9 DC on a squad that doesn't meet the all-r7 requirement.

So I guess we're supposed level a DC to 9 and reroll until we get that sweet JMK bonus, all the while believing we won't have to take Snips all the way to r7 because the Road Ahead said r3. Then GAC is about to start, the expensive DC turns out to be partially useless, sunk cost fallacy strikes again and we buy another relic pack. It's the little things.

target character needs to be r7 not entire squad, rest need to be r5 not r3

Is that official, or is that you guessing? Because it literally says the entire squad must be R7 for it to activate 'Activates on target character in squads at or above Relic 7'. In English that means the all characters must be R7 for it to activate on that target character.

• "crzydroid;c-2368305" wrote:
    The road ahead said r5.

I didn't check what it said, I just took your earlier word for it.

"crzydroid;c-2367480" wrote:
    Both in the road ahead and Q&A they have said 3. But I guess we'll find out.

NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "NicWester;c-2368347" wrote:
    Syntactically, what this is saying is “Activates on character in squads. If they are at or above relic 7.”

Yep. That's how I'm reading it, CG could've worded it better and removed "in squads" portion of the text entirely to be less ambiguous for readers
    "EgoSlayer;c-2368310" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2368308" wrote:
    "EgoSlayer;c-2368300" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2368299" wrote:
    "Darth_DeVito;c-2368281" wrote:
    Looks like level 9 really does require "squads at or above relic 7", just like the description says. Level 4 already requires a full r5 team. At r3, the datacron can be equipped but is downgraded from level 4 to 3 so the last bonus doesn't apply. The same would happen with a level 9 DC on a squad that doesn't meet the all-r7 requirement.

So I guess we're supposed level a DC to 9 and reroll until we get that sweet JMK bonus, all the while believing we won't have to take Snips all the way to r7 because the Road Ahead said r3. Then GAC is about to start, the expensive DC turns out to be partially useless, sunk cost fallacy strikes again and we buy another relic pack. It's the little things.

target character needs to be r7 not entire squad, rest need to be r5 not r3

Is that official, or is that you guessing? Because it literally says the entire squad must be R7 for it to activate 'Activates on target character in squads at or above Relic 7'. In English that means the all characters must be R7 for it to activate on that target character.

So guessing then? Because the interface description and the Relic requirement indicator both contradict that statement.

I don't have to guess when that's what they have communicated several times up to the release of datacrons
  • "At or above relic 7" complements "character", not "squads". Or that's how CG says we should understand that sentence. But native speakers should know better than me, so correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Why wouldnt you guys post this question into an official forum, where an official moderator might pick it up?