Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Daze mechanics... Busted?

So I was under the impression that Daze was the perfect debuff to stop bonus attacks. It says it stops counterattack, assists, and turn meter gain.

Well I had daze on K-2S0 and he still counter attacked me. I later had daze on Biggs Darklighter and he was still able to do his assist with Wedge.

Is this a bug, or is there something to this debuff I am not understanding?

I'd like to know because I included K-2S0 in my droid squad mainly because of his ability to counter these abilities/characters.
  • "scuba;847641" wrote:
    "Take_a_Bite;847627" wrote:
    Daze is not consistent with how stun works which needs to be looked at.

Daze doesn't stun. It stops tm gain (not natural gain from speed), assist and counter attacks. They still get to take a turn.

I was referring to how stun prevents the immediate counter attack, but daze does not. Hopefully this will be looked at.
  • "Take_a_Bite;848091" wrote:
    "scuba;847641" wrote:

Daze doesn't stun. It stops tm gain (not natural gain from speed), assist and counter attacks. They still get to take a turn.

I was referring to how stun prevents the immediate counter attack, but daze does not. Hopefully this will be looked at.

From what it seems daze is applied after the counter, stun is applied prior to the counter (effectively stopping it).
    After Daze is applied the character won't counter though.
  • "Take_a_Bite;848091" wrote:
    "scuba;847641" wrote:

Gotcha. Daze for Maul is the broke one, k2 it works fine. Dev's have acknowledged this issue and hopefully a fix is incoming

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/846938#Comment_846938
  • "Alsend_Drake;847642" wrote:

Yep, Maul's AoE will shut down Biggs combos, especially with his Omega giving him alot of Potency, but best behind Baze or Shore to eat the first shot.

The best way to protect Maul is using him as leader with Zeta though
  • "scuba;848237" wrote:
    "Take_a_Bite;848091" wrote:
    "scuba;847641" wrote:

Gotcha. Daze for Maul is the broke one, k2 it works fine. Dev's have acknowledged this issue and hopefully a fix is incoming

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/846938#Comment_846938

K2S0's daze stops the counter before it happens when it's applied, so is not buggy to apply Daze with K2S0's ability, but it is definitely bugged when it is applied to him in some fashion (related to how his counterattack reacts to daze) as he counterattacked me just before the daze debuff dropped off of him for his turn.

I'm thinking the counter attack still triggered from my attack after the debuff came off for his turn, but the debuff symbol remained up. Something along those lines is what makes the most sense as to what is causing the bug.

Like that's something that should be triggered at the end of the one player's turn, not the start of the next one.
  • "Woodroward;849263" wrote:
    "scuba;848237" wrote:
    "Take_a_Bite;848091" wrote:
    "scuba;847641" wrote:

K2S0's daze stops the counter before it happens when it's applied, so is not buggy to apply Daze with K2S0's ability, but it is definitely bugged when it is applied to him in some fashion (related to how his counterattack reacts to daze) as he counterattacked me just before the daze debuff dropped off of him for his turn.

I'm thinking the counter attack still triggered from my attack after the debuff came off for his turn, but the debuff symbol remained up. Something along those lines is what makes the most sense as to what is causing the bug.

Like that's something that should be triggered at the end of the one player's turn, not the start of the next one.

So I was thinking about this.
    My guess is what is happening, of course dev would know for sure.
    You daze him it sets his couter chance to -999900% as it should but then his unique, which will change his counter rating when he gets debuffed, is then processing and overwriting the -999900% couter chance to +48.8% giving him back a counter chance.