Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Deathstorm Anakin is NOT an infinite loop

Deathstorm Anakin isnt an infinite loop in p3, its a very long loop, long enough to let you kill traya, but its not infinite : anakin's basic has 80% chance of double debuffing, which means at a moment it will not give the ns their 10% tm and then traya will gain turn meter.

In the video of the deathstorm anakin you can see in the beginning that Traya has her turn meter at 0%, and on the end it is filled at 30%, so its not an infinite loop, if she had 150m hp she would have took another turn, after around 100m damage taken so it is NOT infinite
  • "Fathertaylor;c-1934267" wrote:
    The HAAT doesn’t require a weak Initiate. I imagine it’s easier, but I can do it just fine with all my sisters at gear 12.

The HPIt doesn’t require Initiate at all to solo. It works best for me with all my sisters at higher gear levels. Truthfully, I’ve never used her in the raid so I’m not familiar with the team you mean, but since there are other Nightsister teams that can also solo the whole raid, I don’t think Initiates performance in HPit is relevant here.

Finally Deathstorm doesn’t do the whole phase 3 and can get a decent score even if you don’t get the best setup. I’ve also done it with a gear 12 Initiate. I’ll give you that a lower gear Initiate would be better, but it’s not critical if you don’t have one.

This Anakin team is much harder to setup correctly if you gear up your Initiate. I’ve had situations where my guild mates have finished phase 3 and l still haven’t gotten a setup I can use. As more of my guild mates get the team, I’m more in danger of losing out every raid, and all because I followed what I thought was a basic idea of the game that better gear levels improve a a characters utility.

I may be proven wrong on that last point, but I feel CG made it clear with Paper Zombie that it was their goal to have characters be better with more gear, not less.

The only way to change it so ns work better at high gear for the whole team woukd be to completely change the team. Asajj's rampage zeta and daka's unique zeta both depend on ns dying to build health and offense.

They would have to completely change that to make it work as intended.

And that would likely break ns to the point of the community demanding refunds for the whole team.

One option would be to change the zetas to give the offense and health when enemies die or when ns take damage but survive. That would remove the incentive to undergear initiate but may make ns break the raid further. I would assume with those changes that asajj could stack damage quickly enough to have asajj lead ns solo phase 3 and possibly phase 4 as well.
  • "Fathertaylor;c-1932351" wrote:
    It rewards people for not gearing up their Initiate. It doesn’t matter if it’s a loop or not, or even if Anakin is better at gear 12 versus gear 13.

The problem is it’s another paper Zombie. People are encouraged to keep their Initiate at gear 8. Those who already geared her higher are disadvantaged. If they want to make it work better with a gear 12 Initiate over a gear 8 Initiate, then by all means keep it. Otherwise it needs to be fixed.

Initiate sucks anyway...