Forum Discussion

McPubeSack
New Spectator
11 months ago

Defense replay system for GAC and TW

Would be great if you could replay attacks in TW and GAC like in Clash of Clans or other popular PVP games.

The YouTube potential alone is worth it. Games like Clash have streamers replaying attack strategies, incredible luck, or funny fail attacks with the replay system regularly.

Pretty sure such a system already exists behind the scenes because how else can you test.

Polish it up and make it public. Would be a huge player value-add for not a whole lot of work. :)
  • "Shmoopyz;d-266951" wrote:

Pretty sure such a system already exists behind the scenes because how else can you test.

Pretty bold assumption that they test anything.

But more seriously, I doubt such a system does exist as battles occur on peoples devices, and only the results are pushed to the server. Seems likely that they don’t store actual battle information.
  • "Notthatguyfrombefore;c-2448850" wrote:
    "Shmoopyz;d-266951" wrote:

Pretty bold assumption that they test anything.

But more seriously, I doubt such a system does exist as battles occur on peoples devices, and only the results are pushed to the server. Seems likely that they don’t store actual battle information.

Yeah, you push the results. Detecting "suspect" users is also another big gain by a replay system. No more waiting for SWGOH GG to post results and then guessing.

A turn-based RNG combat system is ideal for a replay system. Very easy to compress, store, and play back.

Compared to Clash the replay system for this is quite easy.
  • Oh not to mention - you almost never get to see your defensive teams in action. That's after spending months or years farming them.

It would add an incredible amount of value if you could see exactly how your Iden, Qui-Gon, or Droideka Omicron team got some crazy defensive holds. Rather than just seeing a number there.

Considering how standard replays are in similar PVP games, I'm kind of amazed this does not have it. :/

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,322 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago