Forum Discussion

Quesovercoatl
New Spectator
3 years ago

Edit Defence query

So I've just dropped from K5 to A2 in GAC
The massive Red Dot says I need to edit defence, I understand this as I now have more defence than required in both front areas and ship area.
What happens if I don't edit ( not that barring a complete mind slip I will not edit them ) , does it just drop the lowest power team from each sector or what ??

Has there been a definitive answer to this ?

@ CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • "Quesovercoatl;d-256564" wrote:
    The massive Red Dot says I need to edit defence, I understand this as I now have more defence than required in both front areas and ship area.
    What happens if I don't edit ( not that barring a complete mind slip I will not edit them ) , does it just drop the lowest power team from each sector or what ??

@ CG_Tusken_Meathead

As far as I know, the slots stay empty and your opponent gets max banners for the missing squad.
  • "Lumiya;c-2365128" wrote:
    "Quesovercoatl;d-256564" wrote:

@ CG_Tusken_Meathead

As far as I know, the slots stay empty and your opponent gets max banners for the missing squad.

Sorry Lumiya thank for the reply, but you mis-read my post I have too much defence, IE 5/4 in the front rows and 3/2 in ships as I dropped to A2 from K5
    I just wondered what the process was if i forget to edit
  • It does drop a team automatically. Or highlights the team that will be dropped. For me anyway, each zone has a team in red and at the top is written 'Too many squads! Indicated squads will not be deployed!'
  • I’m pretty sure it is lowest power gets dropped, but it might also just literally be the one you put in last.
  • "TargetEadu;c-2365258" wrote:
    I’m pretty sure it is lowest power gets dropped, but it might also just literally be the one you put in last.

It's the one in last place. Of my 3 ship placements in the last slot, but the middle GP team that's in red and won't count.
  • "chpMINIsolo_77;c-2365132" wrote:
    Instead of waiting for a response from CG, why not take care of the problem now since you are already aware of it?

As I said not likely to forget this time but may in the future and just wondered if anyone ( including Tusken Meathead ) knew what the process was
  • "Quesovercoatl;c-2365130" wrote:
    "Lumiya;c-2365128" wrote:

@ CG_Tusken_Meathead

Sorry Lumiya thank for the reply, but you mis-read my post I have too much defence, IE 5/4 in the front rows and 3/2 in ships as I dropped to A2 from K5

I dont know the answer and also would like to know...i would guess the bottom team will be removed...probably already was (i would guess the game will remove the one in the last slot...not the lowest rank). If i was you i would NOT edit it and see how it goes...
    Just realized that i never dropped to a level where i have less defenses...so the issue never appeared to me...moving up and down in Chromium...but long time since i added a team...and never removed one...

• "Ghost666;c-2365135" wrote:
    "Quesovercoatl;c-2365130" wrote:
    "Lumiya;c-2365128" wrote:

@ CG_Tusken_Meathead

I dont know the answer and also would like to know...i would guess the bottom team will be removed...probably already was (i would guess the game will remove the one in the last slot...not the lowest rank). If i was you i would NOT edit it and see how it goes...
    Just realized that i never dropped to a level where i have less defenses...so the issue never appeared to me...moving up and down in Chromium...but long time since i added a team...and never removed one...

No it hasn't auto dropped any teams at this point it still shows the 5 teams in front row areas and 3 fleets
    And thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I'll leave it and see what happens, (no sarcasm intended if it reads that way) as the teams dropped from front row would be better used in the back row defence
  • "harvestmouse;c-2365141" wrote:
    It does drop a team automatically. Or highlights the team that will be dropped. For me anyway, each zone has a team in red and at the top is written 'Too many squads! Indicated squads will not be deployed!'

Thanks I hadn't got/clicked that far into it earlier, but just checked and you're correct

And as Ghost666 guessed earlier it is the bottom squad/fleet that seems to be dropped not lowest power
    Can't confirm that in squads as bottom squad was also the lowest power in both front areas but in fleets my 5* Executor fleet is marked to not be deployed but is my highest power fleet of the three

Thanks everyone