Forum Discussion

viking_Gaming39
Seasoned Newcomer
18 hours ago

Fix the raid already

The Naboo raid is by far the worst raid ever created by this excuse of a money grabbing dev team
it is the most RNG raid to date can run the same mods and 1 shot it or take 20+ attempts to max it out. why is there any RNG in the raid at all it is a un timed PVE there is no need for it.
if you want RNG like the charged mechanic go ahead and let us bring in op datacrons to balance it out.
So far all this shows is they have no respect for the time of there players with how it is and there refusal to change it. no reason for rng or at the very least like every other event let us get a run and be able to sim that same score unless the player wants to try for a higher score.
no reason to have sim in every other PvE aspect but not the raid. waste of time for a currency that should be available on every other raid as well

• So stop playing it!   

If no one plays it, they will do away with it.  No point in just posting complaints that you don't like it if you're going to keep engaging with it...

chpMINIsolo
      Rising Hotshot

You're fooling/hurting yourself if you think not playing the raid is going to make a difference to anyone but you or your guild

DarjeloSalas
    Rising Adventurer

I actually agree that a sim option to re-post a score you’ve already achieved would be a good addition, though I don’t think you can honestly claim that there’s a sim option in “every other PvE aspect”. There’s no sim in TB, the GL event, Smuggler’s Run 2 and many more things.

I still prefer the BFN raid over the Speederbike raid, which felt like a guest appearance from a different game, but I’m definitely on the downward portion of the enjoyment bell curve now.

The speeder bike raid had far too small a difference in scores between those making maximum effort and those making almost no effort, whereas the BFN raid offers precious little reward for those not doing a full scale remod and repeated attempts. 

Tenebrae-3626
      New Adventurer

First off, it took me 15 seconds to figure out that BFN meant Battle for Naboo lol, everyone else just says Naboo, Speeder, Krayt.

Second, I agree about the sim option. I mean, I don't mind playing the raid manually, especially if I think I can get a higher score. In fact, I'm slowly relicing my teams to try and get the max individual score, just for a sense of achievement. It just becomes exhausting when you have to do a single battle over a dozen times because of lousy hero bonuses, ridiculous enemy modifiers or just too much RNG in general. Example, for me this is best seen with the Maul+Sid+Nute team, I understand the strategy behind it (ramping up criticals to stack Maul and Sidious' offense), but between the enemy taking an ungodly amount of turns from base speed alone (my mods on that team aren't god-tier, but they aren't lousy by any means either), constantly taking bonus turns because of the enemy modifier (especially in cases where I get stuck behind DDK), and Maul's underwhelming hero bonus, I end up spending over an hour on that one team. Then, when you take into account the avalanche of other battles and events you have to work on (TB, GAC, TW, Conquest, etc.), and whether or not they have similar issues (e.g., I enjoy GAC, but the moment I find the opponent has several GLs on defense, all with ridiculous DCs, I suddenly start getting depressed), plus any possible real-life responsibilities (school, work, family, etc.) and activities (hobbies), it just becomes too much.

Can't fully agree on your last point, though. On the speeder bike raid. Almost half the time I put a team on auto, I ended up getting 30% or less of the max possible score because the enemy just kept ganging up on one toon at a time, especially when said toon has much less survivability compared to everyone else. Not that that doesn't happen on manual play as well, but I digress. That whole raid was a mess in terms of mechanics anyways. I think my favorite so far from the new system is the Krayt raid. There were new and unique mechanics (the swallowing your toons and then going underground thing), but even then they were easy to understand, the hero bonuses actually made a difference, even when I went in with G10-11 Jawas (yes, I had to restart a few times, but I was still capable of getting the max 300k). My only actual issue was that it ran too often, and even that they ended up fixing later on.

DarjeloSalas
        Rising Adventurer

Can't fully agree on your last point, though. On the speeder bike raid. Almost half the time I put a team on auto, I ended up getting 30% or less of the max possible score

I did say “almost no effort”, which in my world means playing the team manually (without remodding). I’d define playing on auto as “no effort”. This might not match with the definition you or others would associate with “almost no effort”, of course. 

The classic Rebel/IT team was very easy to play manually, and was extremely consistent. I genuinely earned the same score as normal once without even looking at the enemy units - just robotically pressing the buttons in the prescribed order. 

There was little to no RNG in the Speederbike raid, unlike the Naboo raid.