Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Free Poe Dameron?

So this is going to be a semi long post but let's start.

After the update I went in to the app store to see if the new characters where limited or permanent. I then read "log in this month to get a free Poe Dameron " in the description.
I didn't get this character after I re-logged. So I contacted customer support yesterday just to get a response back today that they couldn't do anything about it. And said that I should post it here so people could get aware of the issue and if others have seen this.

But then just before I wrote this I went to the app store to check again just to find out the changed the description to " log in this month to get a free Captain Phasma".

So now what? Have anyone else besides me seen this? What "can" be done? Really want him after I read I could get him free. And especially after they changed the description.
  • Thanks for the replies!
    I am really struggling at this point to find space for all the good characters I have or am building. I am currently running Barriss, Lumi, Dooku, Sidious and Asajj, all of whom are good and play specific roles. I dropped Chewie a while back when I got Sidious. Lumi and Sidious are both going to be 7* soon and have "safe jobs".. the other three I am on the fence on.
    I really like having two healers and am not sure I want to replace one of them with a tank who dies, but it is possible that with a lot more offense via Expose etc I can do without Barriss. Asajj I know is not super popular but I've gotten very good at using her, usually getting more than one AoE off per match, and she also stuns and removes taunts. Poe sounds cool but I am not sure if I can make good use of him.
    I am also unlocking Kylo, and every time I have faced him he has been super nasty, so he may be hard to resist using.
    Meanwhile I have Boba, he is good but has not earned a spot in my top 5. He's been very helpful in dark side missions. I don't think at this point I am going to star him up further, he's good but just too slow and doesn't bring enough to the table.
  • Yeah he looks cool but I already have Phasma and she will star up very fast.. especially since there's nothing else appealing after Lumi is done.
    I hate that they made all the dark side characters either more appealing or easier to get than the good guy heroes of the movie. :(
  • I hate that the arena has no decent light characters :( should put Poe or Old Ben or whatever in the arena.
  • Oh and I wouldn't say Phasma is op, not alone anyway. With the right setups, then yes she's op, but that's just good team building and synergy, compared to raw standalone op power. Which is exactly how the game should be, planning and strategic team building and allocation of time and resources, all characters can be op in the right setups and many are.
  • When Phasma released, i stopped luminara (at 6 *) and started focus on her. Currently she is 5*, level 60, gear lvl IV with only one gear item left to complete.

I find her to be strong, but not op. She may even not remain as my leader. Im also working on a pure first order team to go with her, and im starting to think that is the only team she would be a good leader for.
  • Yesterday I made rank 8 in arena with Poe on my team. Also, today I managed to beat really tough purple teams in GW (finished GW for the 4th time only) again with Poe in the finals. I really, really like how he fits well in my team, his taunt saves my butt quite a few times. Glad I got the guy as iOS user.

Though I'd love iOS to get a dark side unit next time, it's out turn, no? :P

edit: I am known to use underdog units in all kinds of context. I'm also a Talia lover. She's Poe's BFF right now.
  • "Tryban;16117" wrote:
    Just hope I get some utility out of them before OP cries start.

Lol better get ur utility fast........ Ppl are already sobbing rivers of tears lmao. I find the biggest issue with the ones "crying OP" is they fall into one of a few categories
    1) they dont have what they need to effectivly counter what they are crying about
    2) they dont know/understand how to counter what they are crying about
    3) they dont understand how to use what they do have to counter what they are crying about.

Some toons are stronger then others in that they bring more strengths then weaknesses or are uniqe (like dooku and his flurry of counters) but thats what makes the strategy interesting. It foes NOT make the toon u struggle with OP.

It helps to learn an know the difference between OP and unique/beneficial/new

MTFBWY
  • Apple and its fanbase feel Google is the evil Empire. It's only fitting for Android to get dark side stuff.