Forum Discussion

Jefferx_CAN
Rising Newcomer
2 years ago

GAC Kyber 1 bracket depletion

It look like that kyber 1 is now only top 2000 and keep reducing in number. It will reduce to 0 in 3-4 GAC if it continues like this. I think it was over 10000 at startup. I never expect this, was it planned empty itself? Removing 100 points and keeping the same threshold is kind of weird…
  • Long story short: the data points suggest that the Robin Hood tax has been performed in an identical pattern throughout the last few seasons, leading to the conclusion that it is algorithmic and has not had actual human control over the last few occasions. It is probably badly coded (shocking i know) in a sense that it is not too sophisticated, and eliminates more points than the overall population earns during redistribution. Alternatively, the issue could be when both players lose, or that the overall gac population is simply shrinking.

And even if it is correctly coded, it still was quite anticlimatic to be relegated after a victory, but user experience is rarely a priority.

To sum it up: we dont have 10% in the K1 currently, and yes if the humans dont override some parameters, the K1 will completely depopulate in a few seasons.
  • They said the distributions would be kept at 10/25/30/25/10% within each league.
  • "SerWulfgar;c-2400803" wrote:

To sum it up: we dont have 10% in the K1 currently, and yes if the humans dont override some parameters, the K1 will completely depopulate in a few seasons.

Join numbers aren’t an accurate reflection of the population, because players who don’t join still have a ladder rank and skill rating.

I agree it doesn’t make sense though, because for the division to be anywhere near 10% there would have to be a lot of non-joined players in K1, and they should be dropping pretty quick if they aren’t joining.