Forum Discussion

4 years ago

GAC opponent

So I've noticed that im consistently matched up with someone who has between 1 and 1.3 million more in gp than I do. Im in Division 1. Is that a fairly normal matchup?
  • "Xlor1;c-2206205" wrote:
    It's not just relics. it's old ,out of date zetas too. Newer players have an advantage over older players that went hard on zetas when they dropped, which was the way to go.

you have toons with out of date zetas in your top 80?
  • "TVF;c-2220787" wrote:
    Your opponent build a smarter GAC roster.

A GAC roster you say. I say my roster smacks yours around a few times but that's not the point of this thread. The point is pointing out the system flaws and your comment just acknowledges said point. Built a better GAC roster... just say that a few times in your head until it clicks in on how absurd that even sounds. And if your roster was indeed better for GAC its a shame we would never know now would we. Identical GP you and I have but yet we'll NEVER face one another. Sounds like a quality matchmaking system is in place. Cool g11 Wat you have my man. I'd hate to see you improve him without hurting your oh so easy and manipulated GAC matches

• Where does one get those spiffy comparisons? A few in my guild complaining of their matches often, be good to see some accurate stats. Anyone have a link/details please?
  • "RandomSithLord;c-2221058" wrote:
    "MetaThumper;c-2221001" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2220787" wrote:

A GAC roster you say. I say my roster smacks yours around a few times but that's not the point of this thread. The point is pointing out the system flaws and your comment just acknowledges said point. Built a better GAC roster... just say that a few times in your head until it clicks in on how absurd that even sounds. And if your roster was indeed better for GAC its a shame we would never know now would we. Identical GP you and I have but yet we'll NEVER face one another. Sounds like a quality matchmaking system is in place. Cool g11 Wat you have my man. I'd hate to see you improve him without hurting your oh so easy and manipulated GAC matches

Given the difference between his and your GAC win percentage I'm pretty sure we can know who has a better GAC roster without you two ever being matched.

Given the difference between his opponents and mine, I'd say your comment is both comical and absurd. I'm fighting dragons and he's fighting G.I Joe figurines. Why? We all know why but some of us choose to not accept it.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2221046" wrote:

The nice looking one is hotbot, the other one should be dsrbot. You can ask your guild to install it on your discord server or get into a server with one (almost all general servers will have a bot spam channel, there are many such communities outside of guilds)

Awesome, thanks!
    We'll get one of those installed.
    Cheers.
  • "MetaThumper;c-2221001" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2220787" wrote:

I'm manipulating GAC matchups by leaving my Wat at G11? Or maybe he just does everything I need him to do at G11 (including in arena) so there's no reason for me to burn resources on him that I could use for the next GLs.

Justify your roster (and try to be tough guy about it too) all you want.
    Crazygone or Metathumper, doesn't matter, you have done this to yourself.
  • "MetaThumper;c-2221001" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2220787" wrote:

How many times need to be hammered down to you until you understand the matchmaking is not set by the entire g, but by the top rosters. After all, most likely a player will use only his top rosters.
    You prefer to unlock/level/gear/relic up a character? Cool, but take into consideration that your GAC matching may be affected from this.
    Each of us is given the same starting point. What we do from then on, our choices, is on us only, Don't complain when you relic a characvter which is not worth it in GAC and then get tougher match in GAC- it's on you!

I for once skipped the first GLs. I prefer to deepen my roster over going for toon that I hate. So yeah, it was hard when I faced those 2 GL, but I'm not sorry- I enjoy the game much more.
    And beside, it paid off because now my investment made it easier for me to get now the GL than I really want (GLuke).
    I stand behind my choices and would have done them again (well, maybe beside exceptions like when I prefered Vissa over Bossak). Bad choices, good choices- thery're mine, for better or worse, and I have only myself to praise or blame for them.
  • @AvatarofCynicism Stats are over rated number one. I'm more in this for fun and giggles, not the number of wins, banners etc. Number two is I only engage in these topics because it's a large reason I'm still playing this game(GAC). Also like to point out not once did you see me complaining about my losses not being my fault. Not once. You can comb through all you'd like and you won't find any. I promise you that.

@TVF It's almost like I don't understand GAC at all. You're 100% right.

@avihas "Don't complain when you relic a character which is not worth it in GAC and then get tougher matches in GAC- it's on you!"

-Im sorry.. is this Galaxy of Grand Arena or Galaxy of heroes? Sounds like a trash game to me, just saying. I'm sure the guild will understand that I can't take some toons to r5 to help em bring down the beast. Heavin forbid we may have to gear some toons for this upcoming mode. How scary that will be ey?

It's completely ok for someone to give criticism where it's needed. I still win the majority matches but I still will come here and say the system can be improved upon. And an update after a knarly week. Not too shabby for a guy who doesn't understand GAC. Til next matchmaking thread comes along fellas.
  • I'll try to "git gud" but only because you said k. And just so you know, my roster is freaking awesome just for the record. Cheers and til next positive discussion.