Forum Discussion

4 years ago

GC Madness Tournament: Round One

Hello Holotable Heroes,

The Madness of March is well underway, and with tournament brackets being all the rage right now, we figured we would get in on the fun as well. Thirty-two selections from the first forty Galactic Challenges will square off until an ultimate champion is chosen.

There will be a total of six rounds, with each round lasting several days. In each round, Galactic Challenges will be paired off and pitted against each other to vie for your selection. The sixteen winners from the first round will then be reordered and matched up in the next round, where eight new winners will be selected. The rounds continue until only two GCs are left and one is crowned champion. While this tournament is mostly for “funsies,” it will also help give the devs a better understanding of which GCs have been your favorites so far.

Choose your preferred GCs based on the modifiers for each of the locations, player and enemy squads. Rewards and other criteria associated with a specific GC (other than the modifiers listed above) should not be factored into your choices.

Although the survey link found here is where your votes will be cast, discussion in this thread is highly encouraged. Feel free to tell us why you chose the ones you did and kindly debate as to your favorite - or not-so-favorite - Galactic Challenges.

Within the survey, you will find images of the modifiers that apply to each GC for your reference. These images can be opened in new tabs if you need to get a closer look and you’re unable to zoom in. Additionally, each of the modifiers are pictured in the spoiler section below.

Spoiler

LINK TO SURVEY HERE.

Round One Match Ups (includes the original date, location, player and enemy factions):

• The GC that required NS. It seems like the most sensible to assume everyone has a G11ish NS team. I like the idea that anyone should be able to get a redbox. NS was probably the best odds of that, although there may have been a better faction.
  • "AzorAhai;c-2240380" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2240361" wrote:
    "AzorAhai;c-2240344" wrote:
    My reasoning basically is Dathomir everytime and what's not Hoth or Tatooine

Dathomir is the worst lmao

Battles can go 10 min+ getting asajj stacks high enough

My R5 Asajj disagrees lol
    And playing other factions on Dathomir is fun too, it's not everyday you can play with revives on any team.

I viewed that as the best, as with careful modding and 14 minutes with G12 Assaj, G12 Daka, g10 zombie, g11 spirit, g11 MT, I beat the R7 Phoenix team and got a redbox.

The accessibility to most players where effort makes the difference is appreciated by the base. Lots of people probably feel the same way about JTR BB8 C3 R2 teams, although that team is far harder to access than NS
  • Empire, Empire, Imperial Troopers and Empire. I don't care for modifiers unless they can screw me over, they are more of a minor disturbance than anything else.
    SnuggeSnuggles
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The modifiers are all ok I guess, some of them don’t really make that big of a difference. But when combined with specific feats they can be a real pain.
    And when a negative global modifier doesn’t make an impact on the opponent of course you don’t enjoy it but that might just be a bug. Im looking at you Proving grounds.
  • I don't mean to sound too negative (GC is a good thing), so I'll start positive. I like GC, *most* of the feats are probably fairly fun, and I love modding (I don't love using expensive mats to get low secondary rolls like +3 speed, and the GCs are a mix of inaccessible red boxes and very accessible red boxes (a common relic GG with trash droids can clear most droid GCs, and DR did a lot of damage in most of these events before I got SLK).

However, some of the enemy teams + powers are just simply unenjoyable, and some of the feats are total nonsense. Like, combine the crazy enemy stats and speed on some teams with weird powers/modifiers, and.... well, have you ever really enjoyed battling a boss level padme squad with that damage reflection thing? Have you also sat there for 3 minutes watching rebels crit and attack countless times in one turn like a Galactic Legend Greedo? No one likes to force close and reopen this gorgeous phone app. (All we want is mark 5 stun guns).

One thing that seems to be sorely missing is Fleet GC. Yes, fleet has been pretty stale, despite RC (cute, but not as crucial to BH fleet as XB's breach bug) and all the pilotless bombers (comedy points for slapping tank tags on starships filled with space bombs). But maybe we can at least do GC with ships, and maybe as rewards we'll get, idk, shards for a sith capital ship or something.
    Spoiler
    Also, while I'm at it: Death Star Raid?

NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Zinbiddle;c-2240756" wrote:
    Every time we get Safe Haven or Volatile Energies I seriously consider

I would argue those two modifiers make GC easier for players that don't have a full relic faction squad
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "flux_rono;c-2242243" wrote:
    can you add in the feats next time. as those really determined if i liked or hated some challenges. (cough cough sith healing feat is bad imo cough)

First time I disliked the takodana planet modifier since it makes the healing feat a lot more difficult

Which is like the worst feat in the game
  • "StarDog89;c-2240710" wrote:
    I liked this. Can't believe we've done so many already, and a creative way to gather feedback. I too voted against Steadfast Retribution every time it showed up since it just seems dumb for a modifier to me. Even though it's nice when your team gets it, I had to say no every time for the sake of consistency.

Also, why not do a "Losers bracket" as well? That would be a good way of identifying the GCs that really need another look.

This is something I considered (and could still do), but I wanted to focus on the main brackets until the tournie is complete. I was also concerned about burnout given the tournament will take a few weeks to unfold.

Thanks for participating and also thanks for the feedback!

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,386 PostsLatest Activity: 54 minutes ago