Forum Discussion

8 months ago

Grand Arena Completely Unfair Matchups

Can someone please explain to me why I’m going against players that have 30+ relic characters while I have zero in grand arena? It’s clear as day these players paid for their teams while I didn’t and feel as if it is completely unfair and yet another way these terrible developers screw people over in this game.
  • "Winterwolves;c-2456012" wrote:
    There isn't any matchmaking. There is no comparison of rosters at all.

The thing that places players in the same bracket is the skill rating. That is an initially assigned number on your first GAC. I don't know if all players start on the same, or if it is gp based. After that SR changes based on wins and losses.

It is impossible to know more about your situation, as you have not given enough info. First GAC? League? Win/loss for yourself at this point?

The conclusion that you jump to that your opponent has spent money to have that roster has no basis that you show. That could be FTP that just hates GAC, or hasn't signed up in ages. It's fairly likely these days they have spent $30 on a few light speed bundles, hardly worth crying whale over.

If you've just started, keep going. Most of the big rosters will only stay near your SR if they don't play. If they do play, you'll soon be left surrounded by players who have either been beaten, or who don't play. Score what you can, you'll eventually move ahead of the players who score 10 for minimum rewards, or zero for whatever reason. The oddly big rosters seem to be around in every league. But if they are lower than they should be, it can only mean you have a fair chance they will score 10 or zero. But once you get clear of the junk yard that is Carbonite, it's is much less common, I think.

"Winterwolves;c-2456012" wrote:
    There isn't any matchmaking. There is no comparison of rosters at all.

The thing that places players in the same bracket is the skill rating. That is an initially assigned number on your first GAC. I don't know if all players start on the same, or if it is gp based. After that SR changes based on wins and losses.

It is impossible to know more about your situation, as you have not given enough info. First GAC? League? Win/loss for yourself at this point?

The conclusion that you jump to that your opponent has spent money to have that roster has no basis that you show. That could be FTP that just hates GAC, or hasn't signed up in ages. It's fairly likely these days they have spent $30 on a few light speed bundles, hardly worth crying whale over.

If you've just started, keep going. Most of the big rosters will only stay near your SR if they don't play. If they do play, you'll soon be left surrounded by players who have either been beaten, or who don't play. Score what you can, you'll eventually move ahead of the players who score 10 for minimum rewards, or zero for whatever reason. The oddly big rosters seem to be around in every league. But if they are lower than they should be, it can only mean you have a fair chance they will score 10 or zero. But once you get clear of the junk yard that is Carbonite, it's is much less common, I think.

I am in Carbonite 3 and It seems I keep running into teams with 30+ relic characters and I can never win more than 1 match per GAC, so I mostly just go 1-2. I just want to know what makes it so difficult to just make it based off GP. I don’t understand how it’s based off skill rating but nothing else in the game is based off skill rating. I just feel like it’s super lazy of the developers to not have a system. Or perhaps they need to offer better rewards, to allow a possibility of fending off well in GAC. I simply think it’s just a way of EA trying to rip off customers of making them want to spend as much money as possible to upgrade and stay competitive.
  • Sure you can relic your teams ftp. You don't need to spend money to be able to do so.

1 step in the right direction is to build up your fleets so you can get better placements in fleet arena and earn crystals.

Another step would be to find a good guild where you also can earn resources you need to relic your characters. For that it would be important to see, what the guilds are looking for, how you can contribute. Then build up the squads needed that make guilds interested in you.

Those are just 2 examples but they alone can change a lot how you will be able to develop your roster. I don't know how long you are playing, but I could start with relics quite early by just simply being in a good guild and getting high placements in fleet arena.
    riklass
    Seasoned Rookie
    Getting characters to relic level takes time, it's not easy if you are f2p, if you want relic easy, than spend money and even than it's not easy. Nothing in this game happens overnight. Farming is a grind. Upgrade 1 or 2 characters at a time to relic, the more you try to relic at once the slower the process. Try to Relic leaders of teams first, than the rest of team. Good luck, find your small victories to keep you going during the grind. Try to be better than the guy next to you, not the superstar in kyber 1 and you will be fine.