Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Seasoned Hotshot
6 months ago

Has anyone totalled Signal Data income?

I'm looking at the incoming raid with the requirement of at least 8 new toons to r8.

Hard SD for a toon to r8 = 120. 120 * 8 = 960
Med SD for a toon to r8 = 140. 140 * 8 = 1120
Easy SD for a toon to r8 = 135. 135 * 8 = 1080

Farming time, given 3xCantina refresh/day + only using cantina energy for SD. (~18ish/day hard, 24-25ish medium, 34ish easy)
960 / 18 = 53 days
1120/ 24 = 47 days
1080/ 34 = 32 days

132 days for the signal data farming with no distractions but also no special events (like double drops).

That's quite a lot just to get the intended raid teams to max level if the raid itself lasts only 9 months. Literally half of all your SD income from farming goes straight to the raid, if 8 of the toons required for best raid scores are brand new as is the case here.

Digression:
Spoiler
I wouldn't complain about this if I knew for certain that these toons were actually going to get max or near-max scores.

As is, I'd certainly like some reassurance that an r8 Gungan squad will be able to max the raid, because the gungan faction is really horribly uninteresting in the movies. The only reason to bring them up in-game is their **supposed** raid utility.

I mean, seriously, how 8 year olds imagined themselves shooting storm troopers or blowing up death stars in 1980 vs how many 8 year olds imagined themselves holding a conference to exile Jar Jar in 2000? Did Boss Nass even do anything in the battle vs the B1s? I don't remember him there. Captain Tarpals certainly was there, but it's not like he played any remotely heroic role.

The r8 for Queen Amidala, and Palawan Kenobi are definitely going to beloved characters and there's no reason to resent that or complain about resources there. New QuiGon seems redundant as he was only in one movie, so having 2 versions of him is weird, but ... okay? No excitement for a new QGJ, but no resentment there either.

But total it up with the Gungans and JarJar and that's a lot of SD just to play the raid's top level. And that assumes that you're going to be able to slot in some other GR toons on Amidala's squad, toons that you already have at r5-r8 already. GMY would be reasonable, although he wasn't present on Naboo he certainly could have been.

So I'm hoping to learn that my SD income is better than just the farming + what I remember offhand. I know we get SD income from assault battles, but I can't remember how much that is per month and thus how much of a dent it's going to make in the time required.

2.5-3 months of SD income for a 9 month raid isn't unreasonable, but 4.5 months is, which is where we are without sources other than farming. (And, to be fair, some people can afford 300 crystals/day on SD farming, so if you're spending 200/day things get substantially worse.)

I'd like to look at better numbers for what we actually gain over time from all sources at 300 crystals/day for Cantina refreshes as well as at 200 / day. Once we have that, it might be that all this turns out fine, or it might be time to get a new challenge battle for Queen Amidala or, (even better) for the Gungans, to make them more useful. That challenge would come around as often as the new Jabba/Leia challenges and reward substantial amounts of SD.

Again, I'm not recommending that now, but as a community, we should probably look at the numbers and think about raid investments vs costs.