Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Heal immunity can now be removed

Just letting y'all know that the debuff heal immunity can now be removed with Nightsister Acolyte. So maybe Akbar (and does anyone else have this ability?) Can do this too.

I'll be uploading a video here soon:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/16883/video-nightsisters-in-action/p1
  • "Fantazy;181704" wrote:
    Still not working properly for ackbar. could not dispel his own heal immunity in GW today. Elder did not dispel all of Vader's dots in the challenge either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZPrbyaSvM
  • "Telaan;181762" wrote:
    "Chewy_Johnson68;181759" wrote:
    So this update also changed my Sid. He now applies healing immunity with AOE. Must be related since it started today.

Screenshot. I haven't seen this happen.

It was in GW so will see if it's doing it again tomorrow. Didn't do it in arena battles this evening. I've had Demorilizing Blows at 7 for a long time so it has nothing to do with char upgrade.
  • The bugged heal immunities that can't (or couldn't) be removed were the ones that could be (and were) upgraded with skill to extend its duration.

So, only way to remove a Sideous caused heal immunity is/was if their deathstroke ability was under level 5.

I'll check if it's working for Elder tomorrow.
  • I've had rex and ewok elder both remove recently. Think they've both failed at it too, though.
  • Yep. Same old, same old. Majority of Sids/88's HI debuffs still cannot be cleansed by Elder (or Rex, Ackbar, Lobot, etc.). Those that can happen to have skill levels with the ability that applies the debuff (I.E. If you ever find yourself stripping a Sid's HI, retreat and inspect him, his Deathstroke won't be level 5+. It's at level 5 that Deathstroke picks up an extra round of duration).

This is (or was) true for positive buff stripping as well such as via Ventress's strike fear. If the buff duration were upgraded to have an increased duration from its base duration, it would go ignored. It's the same principle.
  • "SinnerWill;182726" wrote:
    Yep. Same old, same old. Majority of Sids/88's HI debuffs still cannot be cleansed by Elder (or Rex, Ackbar, Lobot, etc.). Those that can happen to have skill levels with the ability that applies the debuff (I.E. If you ever find yourself stripping a Sid's HI, retreat and inspect him, his Deathstroke won't be level 5+. It's at level 5 that Deathstroke picks up an extra round of duration).

This is (or was) true for positive buff stripping as well such as via Ventress's strike fear. If the buff duration were upgraded to have an increased duration from its base duration, it would go ignored. It's the same principle.

I did not know the problem was only with level 5 death stroke.
  • "scuba;182736" wrote:
    "SinnerWill;182726" wrote:
    Yep. Same old, same old. Majority of Sids/88's HI debuffs still cannot be cleansed by Elder (or Rex, Ackbar, Lobot, etc.). Those that can happen to have skill levels with the ability that applies the debuff (I.E. If you ever find yourself stripping a Sid's HI, retreat and inspect him, his Deathstroke won't be level 5+. It's at level 5 that Deathstroke picks up an extra round of duration).

It's level 5+ versions of Deathstroke. Level 5 extends the duration of the HI immunity debuff for an additional round (going from 2 rounds to 3). Not that the final total duration of rounds causes the bug, though, it's the deviation in duration from its base duration that seems to cause the debuffs to no longer get recognized by the cleanse abilities.
  • "SinnerWill;182827" wrote:
    "scuba;182736" wrote:

It's level 5+ versions of Deathstroke. Level 5 extends the duration of the HI immunity debuff for an additional round (going from 2 rounds to 3). Not that the final total duration of rounds causes the bug, though, it's the deviation in duration from its base duration that seems to cause the debuffs to no longer get recognized by the cleanse abilities.

Good to know I am only partially crazy. I know i saw it never working then saw it work a couple times.
  • "scuba;182836" wrote:
    "SinnerWill;182827" wrote:
    "scuba;182736" wrote:

Good to know I am only partially crazy. I know i saw it never working then saw it work a couple times.

I've reported it multiple times in many threads started by others and never had it get acknowledged, it even explained the issues with positive buffs that couldn't be stripped (which I believe at least partially went acknowledged). So... Yeah. It is what it is.
  • So is this a bug or have the Devs intentionally made it so that Sids HI can't be removed above level 5 ability upgrade? It's starting to get seriously annoying in GW. He is in every single node and you have no choice but to burn him down fast and hard. Except don't bring Jedi into do it because he dodges them at a ridiculous rate. He also seems to single out your healers with his HI. He is the single biggest reason that GW takes so long to complete. You have to experiment every single node to figure out a way to survive that healing debuff.