Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Is True Damage a type of Percent Damage? (Maul under LV with percent damage increase datacron)

Hi just a quick question. Let's say I face a LV Maul team that has DV's percent health increase datacron. Does this datacron elevate the true damage dealt by Maul's "Seething Rage"?

In other words is "True damage" = "Percent health damage"?

Thank you in advance!

• That datacron will increase the damage done by Seething Rage, but not because it affects the True Damage directly.

It increases the damage Anguish does at the start of Maul's turn, which increases his offense for that turn.
  • "PigRiderStarWatcher;d-258995" wrote:
    Hi just a quick question. Let's say I face a LV Maul team that has DV's percent health increase datacron. Does this datacron elevate the true damage dealt by Maul's "Seething Rage"?

In other words is "True damage" = "Percent health damage"?

Thank you in advance!

Not directly, Enigmatic Potato explained why it will at all.

True Damage just means that it ignores all Defense (so Armor, if the attack is based on Physical Attack and Resistance if it's based on Special Attack). Percent-based damage is True Damage, because it ignores Defense, but not all True Damage is Percent-based.
  • "Starslayer;c-2383789" wrote:
    @CG_SpandauBallet is the authority on True damage.

This much is True.
  • To clarify, this will only affect a Maul on your team when facing that datacron.

The enemy Maul's damage will not be changed.
  • "Enigmatic_Potato;c-2383582" wrote:
    That datacron will increase the damage done by Seething Rage, but not because it affects the True Damage directly.

It increases the damage Anguish does at the start of Maul's turn, which increases his offense for that turn.

How so? I think he was referring the the datacron that increases LV health and protection by 5% per relic level. This should not affect Maul's health? What am I missing?
  • "Rokaryn_Mazel;c-2384125" wrote:
    "Enigmatic_Potato;c-2383582" wrote:
    That datacron will increase the damage done by Seething Rage, but not because it affects the True Damage directly.

How so? I think he was referring the the datacron that increases LV health and protection by 5% per relic level. This should not affect Maul's health? What am I missing?

No, he’s talking about the one that gives Grit. I think.

It’s an Empire ability, not a Lord Vader one, but folks tend to refer to the datacrons by what the level 9 character is. Annoying to have to do the mental translation, but not that big of a deal all things considered.
  • "Rokaryn_Mazel;c-2384125" wrote:
    "Enigmatic_Potato;c-2383582" wrote:

Because the Cron increases all max health damage by 300%. Anguish is max health damage.

The more damage Anguish does, the more offense Maul gets for that turn.
  • Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for all the help. The datacron I am talking about is Darth Vader's datacron, not Lord Vader's. The description is "Percent Health damage enemies receive is increased by 300%". And I was wondering if the true damage "Maul's seething rage" does is increased by 300% as well.

I understand that "Anguish" gives Maul extra offense, but I was asking "Seething rage" itself.
  • @Enigmatic_Potato I got it! Thank you so much! So Maul's offense is increased greatly with the datacron I'm talking about, but there won't be an "extra increase" in the true damage dealt by Seething rage.