Forum Discussion

Bigboyjarvis
New Novice
15 days ago

More SWTOR Characters

The Old Republic Tag is being severely underused and I think many of you would agree. Ever since Malgus and Sith assassin/marauder were added I've been wondering when the light side SWTOR characters would come into the game such as Satele Shan, Jace Malcolm, Republic Commando/Vanguard, etc. These are the front runners of most of the SWTOR cinematic trailers and some of the most played classes in the game and it would even lead perfectly into a Jedi consular/guardian re-work, 2 of the oldest characters in SWGOH and the least used sadly. Not only would adding these characters revitalize the tag, it would open up the possibility for an Old Republic fleet. Currently the Ebon Hawk is the only ship with that tag, but the ships from SWTOR's starfighter battles could easily make the cut like they did for the Marauder's ship, the extinction class bomber. 

I'm going to list off some characters and ships just to show examples of what could be added (for many different tags, not just old republic).

• Characters:
    • Republic Troopers (Vanguard/Commando)
    • Satele Shan
    • Jace Malcolm
    • General Garza
    • Commander Tavus (any of Havoc squad)
    • HK-51
    • Shae Vizla
    • GXR-7 Command Droid
    • Treek
    • Imperial Agent (Operative/Sniper)
  • Ships:
    • BT-7 Thunderclap
    • Jedi Defender 
    • XS Stock Light
    • Valor Class Cruiser
    • Fortitude-class Assault Shuttle
    • Liberator-class Starfighter
    • PT-7 Raven-class Bomber

Give me your feedback, i'd love to hear if there are more out there that want to see this stuff added to the game as well or just about any characters/ships that would better fit.

MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot

Video games importing characters from video games isn't really my thing. I get that a lot of people really like TOR, but I don't get why people want those characters in SWGOH rather than just playing TOR again. 

I'm not saying it's wrong to want those characters in SWGOH, just saying it's not my thing and I don't understand the impulse. 

If it's popular, though, CG should go for it. Make money. Keep the game alive. Anything but more Gungans. 

Bigboyjarvis
      New Novice

I understand what you mean, its just i like these characters and think they would bring some interesting synergies with galactic republic/old republic characters that are already in the game and underused, i.e. jedi consular/guardian and mission/zaalbar.

• As long as we're looking at the Old Republic as a faction, let's not overlook KOTOR 2.  We've already got the Sith Triumvirate and Visas Marr.  Mandalore the Preserver, Shae Vizla, Heta Kol, and others from KOTOR 2 and SWTOR could form an Old Republic Mandalorian faction.  Meetra Surik (the Jedi Exile), along with her crew of misfits wouldn't be unwelcome either.  A full Old Republic Jedi team would be nice.  And I believe there were five masters in that era (one of them died in the base game but was alive in the Restored Content Mod), and they could possibly be used to unlock Atris, who I know is everybody's favorite Jedi Master of Patronizing and Condescension.

Those are a few of my immediate thoughts off the top of my head.  Anyone have any more ideas?

Bigboyjarvis
      New Novice

100%, I only mentioned swtor characters as those are the ones I like the most but more KOTOR, especially KOTOR 2, characters would be amazing. Bao dur could definitely be a good lifter for a droid only team as well as GOTO which I think would work especially well considering the new mercenary tag is coming out. Him leading his own team of killer droids sounds funny to me, could also give HK-47 a new home since he mostly gets kicked out of the Sith empire team once you get Malgus.

Orbb_Zolond
        New Novice

I'd love to see more KOTOR2 characters.  Plenty of characters there to incorporate.

Bao Dur - really like the idea of him as a droid leader or support

G0T0 - DS droid attacker

Hanharr - DS Wookiee attacker (don't make him a tank, he'd be too much of a Krrsantan clone)

Mira, Atton Rand - Scoundrel/Merc toons

Handmaiden, Atris - Jedi obviously but Atris' alignment was definitely subjective since she was corrupted by the holocrons she was safeguarding.

HKFactory
    Seasoned Newcomer

Oh, absolutely. I’d love more Old republic era content, though I’m personally a bit partial to the Bounty Hunter story characters given that it’s the one I played. I would love to see the likes of Mako, Blizz, Gault, Torian, Skadge, 2V-R8, the Bounty Hunter Mercenary, Power Tech, and Tarro Blood.