Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rancor's Devour & Grievous' Baleful Laugh

I have a question about the Rancor's Devour & Grievous' Baleful Laugh.

Am I missing something, as both skills ignore their cooldown counter?

Rancor often uses devour with 1 or 2 still on the cooldown, and Grievous even tops this with 2, 3 and even 4 on the cooldown... This morning the Rancor ate 3 characters in 9 turns... It was my first entering the Pit this raid, so cooldown started at 6. He ate them with cooldowns at 2, 3 and 3. Is this to prevent high scores or something?

It also has no use to take down Grievous' droids (in my experience), as they are summoned back up as soon as it's his turn.

Maybe I'm missing something, hoping to get some answers.

• Have a look at the description of the Power Slam ability: "Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 35% chance to inflict Health Down for 2 turns. Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 50% Health."
  • If the rancor is attacking that means he's also using his turns which reduces the cooldown. He gets 2-3 turns every time he gets to go.
  • Does it happen after a power slam? Case solved. Otherwise show video evidence...
  • "Ravens1113;902742" wrote:
    "Darkhelmet44;902738" wrote:
    If the rancor is attacking that means he's also using his turns which reduces the cooldown. He gets 2-3 turns every time he gets to go.

That's not true. He gets multiple attacks but it only counts towards 1 turn for his cooldowns

Interesting. I never pay attention to his cool downs just assumed it was reduced for each attack.
  • "Ravens1113;902742" wrote:
    "Darkhelmet44;902738" wrote:
    If the rancor is attacking that means he's also using his turns which reduces the cooldown. He gets 2-3 turns every time he gets to go.

That's not true. He gets multiple attacks but it only counts towards 1 turn for his cooldowns

Also want to add the counter doesn't move until the end of the turn, so if it says 3 it's actually 2.
  • Why does rancor sometimes have devour showing no cooldown and proceed to chomp on one of my guys when it supposed to be on cooldown at the beginning of he fight?