Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Rising Hotshot
2 years ago

Reva Mission Enemy Stats are now Datamined

Visit the SWGOH Rise of the Empire Discord server for more details. You can join that server through this link:
https://discord.gg/McrhY29X

The main thing that matters since many things about turn order etc. could be directly observed is that the Inquisitors with base Tenacity at r7 of 54% to 71% need that raised to **above** 132.5% total after modding to have any impact on chance to resist Jawa's stun at all (and Jawa is one of the lower-potency enemies). (This is important because in the first RotE TB Jawa landing stun was one of the main sources of mission failure -- if not THE main source of mission failure.)

This is disappointing to me. I was hoping for a potency on Jawa that would allow the Inquisitors to mod effectively to resist the Stun.

Why does it matter if people are having good success with the mission anyway? Well, I was just hoping that there might be interesting strategic choices to play with. If you got a good benefit from Tenacity, then you'd have to consider whether you wanted that benefit even if it meant forgoing the benefits of, say, a Speed set or an Offence set.

As it is we can simply ignore Tenacity when modding. The hyped up potency removes a strategic element from consideration. Meanwhile, the stun has only a 25% chance of proc'ing. This means that most people will be little affected by the stun, but exactly which people are and which aren't is determined entirely randomly, by factors outside of players control.

For people who want the mission simple and easy to solve, well, that's a win for you, I guess. A thing you can't control is a thing you don't need to bother spending time worrying about. I was just hoping for more choices and tradeoffs to be put in the hands of the players.

For instance, even if it ended up with more stuns total before people responded with better modding, I would have loved to have potency 30-50 points lower but the chance to attempt to stun raised to 50% or even as high as 70%. Then people who modded for Tenacity would see fewer stuns and people who didn't would see more. As it is, it's totally beyond the player's ability to influence and highly random.

We're still going to win the vast majority of these missions, but I'm not keen on the game design choices made here.
  • I'm sorry you didn't get the challenge you were looking for on this mission - I know that's been a key factor for you so that's unfortunate.

I'm not so self-centred that I can't be happy for everyone else. And it does mean that I don't have to brow beat my guild mates into streaming. If I can just get them to learn a couple simple bits of modding and turn order advice, we should collect 25+ shards this TB, 30+ next TB, and then 45+ as soon as the Grand Inquisitor event comes back one more time.

So there are upsides.

Mostly I just wanted people to have good information on modding. I know that many people, myself included, gave out provisional modding advice that included going for Tenacity. Even though we were all doing the best we could with what we knew at the time, I'd hate for someone to lose a shard b/c they were following outdated advice, so I wanted to drop this here as soon as the info came in.

Don't lose hope though - there's all these empty sectors - you never know what kind of crazy they'll come up with for those :smile:

Too true! I will cross my fingers for a nasty mission later...

Have a great day, @herd_nerfer .
  • "MasterSeedy;d-260848" wrote:
    Visit the SWGOH Rise of the Empire Discord server for more details. You can join that server through this link:
    https://discord.gg/McrhY29X

The main thing that matters since many things about turn order etc. could be directly observed is that the Inquisitors with base Tenacity at r7 of 54% to 71% need that raised to **above** 132.5% total after modding to have any impact on chance to resist Jawa's stun at all (and Jawa is one of the lower-potency enemies). (This is important because in the first RotE TB Jawa landing stun was one of the main sources of mission failure -- if not THE main source of mission failure.)

This is disappointing to me. I was hoping for a potency on Jawa that would allow the Inquisitors to mod effectively to resist the Stun.

Why does it matter if people are having good success with the mission anyway? Well, I was just hoping that there might be interesting strategic choices to play with. If you got a good benefit from Tenacity, then you'd have to consider whether you wanted that benefit even if it meant forgoing the benefits of, say, a Speed set or an Offence set.

As it is we can simply ignore Tenacity when modding. The hyped up potency removes a strategic element from consideration. Meanwhile, the stun has only a 25% chance of proc'ing. This means that most people will be little affected by the stun, but exactly which people are and which aren't is determined entirely randomly, by factors outside of players control.

For people who want the mission simple and easy to solve, well, that's a win for you, I guess. A thing you can't control is a thing you don't need to bother spending time worrying about. I was just hoping for more choices and tradeoffs to be put in the hands of the players.

For instance, even if it ended up with more stuns total before people responded with better modding, I would have loved to have potency 30-50 points lower but the chance to attempt to stun raised to 50% or even as high as 70%. Then people who modded for Tenacity would see fewer stuns and people who didn't would see more. As it is, it's totally beyond the player's ability to influence and highly random.

We're still going to win the vast majority of these missions, but I'm not keen on the game design choices made here.

I do prefer an easier mission with less variables to worry about. I'm sorry you didn't get the challenge you were looking for on this mission - I know that's been a key factor for you so that's unfortunate. But ultimately, I'm glad that the rewards will be more accessible.

Don't lose hope though - there's all these empty sectors - you never know what kind of crazy they'll come up with for those :smile: