Forum Discussion

Gannon009
Rising Rookie
6 years ago

Squad Arena

Squad arena is garbage. It should be replaced with something actually decent, or merged into GA rewards pool
  • "Gannon;c-1815359" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:
    Ofcourse players who pay get a leg up vs those that don't, but i still wouldn't consider arena p2w.
    Also, it remains to be seen whether or not spending on DRevan actually gives you a leg up vs those that didn't, it's not looking promissing at the moment.

I get that for some aspects of the game, but many ppl are in each shard? I've seen up to 2,000 ranks. That means that a very small percentage are actually getting the high end rewards in arena, which seems ridiculous to me. Back when there were a dozen competing meta teams it wasn't an issue, but now it's one team taking the top 100.
    They broke it a long while back. It's not fun or engaging, it's not competitive at all. It's all about who pays for new metas, and they get all the crystals.

Imo it's quite a large percentage that is getting high end arena rewards due to how arena leaderboards are set up. It's freaking amazing that i only have to compete with a select group of players (around 10k players i believe) who all started playing at roughly the same time i did.
    The fact that everyone has the same team makes it even more f2p friendly and less p2w.
  • "Gannon;c-1815414" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815403" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1815359" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:
    Ofcourse players who pay get a leg up vs those that don't, but i still wouldn't consider arena p2w.
    Also, it remains to be seen whether or not spending on DRevan actually gives you a leg up vs those that didn't, it's not looking promissing at the moment.

I get that for some aspects of the game, but many ppl are in each shard? I've seen up to 2,000 ranks. That means that a very small percentage are actually getting the high end rewards in arena, which seems ridiculous to me. Back when there were a dozen competing meta teams it wasn't an issue, but now it's one team taking the top 100.
    They broke it a long while back. It's not fun or engaging, it's not competitive at all. It's all about who pays for new metas, and they get all the crystals.

Imo it's quite a large percentage that is getting high end arena rewards due to how arena leaderboards are set up. It's freaking amazing that i only have to compete with a select group of players (around 10k players i believe) who all started playing at roughly the same time i did.
    The fact that everyone has the same team makes it even more f2p friendly and less p2w.

I dunno about that, highest I've gotten was 25 with the same meta team as the other top 200 in my shard, and despite having better mods than most I couldn't ever break thru that barrier. Get knocked down faster than I can hit. Meanwhile most of my guild has a lesser version of the same team and are much higher ranks. It's ridiculous.

And the Darth revans are absolutely paid for. No-one in the game has a g11 or g12 Darth revan right now off t they haven spent money. It's literally impossible, especially with the new gear

It costs roughly 5750 crystals to get those 2 new gearpieces, so i wouldn't call it impossible to have a g11/12 DRevan right now.
  • "leef;c-1815434" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1815414" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815403" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:

I dunno about that, highest I've gotten was 25 with the same meta team as the other top 200 in my shard, and despite having better mods than most I couldn't ever break thru that barrier. Get knocked down faster than I can hit. Meanwhile most of my guild has a lesser version of the same team and are much higher ranks. It's ridiculous.

And the Darth revans are absolutely paid for. No-one in the game has a g11 or g12 Darth revan right now off t they haven spent money. It's literally impossible, especially with the new gear

It costs roughly 5750 crystals to get those 2 new gearpieces, so i wouldn't call it impossible to have a g11/12 DRevan right now.

Impossible without spending isn't the same as impossible. It's obviously possible. But without spending money, who has 5750 crystals, plus whatever it took to finish getting stars for the old repubs plus gearing them to 11+? ? I've yet to hear of a f2p player who already has a g11+ Darth revan squad in arenas the day it dropped.
  • "Gannon;c-1815444" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815434" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815403" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:

Impossible without spending isn't the same as impossible. It's obviously possible. But without spending money, who has 5750 crystals, plus whatever it took to finish getting stars for the old repubs plus gearing them to 11+? ? I've yet to hear of a f2p player who already has a g11+ Darth revan squad in arenas the day it dropped.

i obviously meant without paying since having 6k crystals is not uncommon for f2p players who do well in the arena(s).
    I could easily g12 my DRevan right now if i wanted to and i'm completely f2p. I'm however not in a rush since it would cost me more crystals, but it's by no means impossible without paying.
  • "leef;c-1815460" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1815444" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815434" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815403" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:

i obviously meant without paying since having 6k crystals is not uncommon for f2p players who do well in the arena(s).
    I could easily g12 my DRevan right now if i wanted to and i'm completely f2p. I'm however not in a rush since it would cost me more crystals, but it's by no means impossible without paying.

Well you've had better luck than anyone I know. I could maybe get enough crystals together to finish farming DR, but wouldn't have enough by far to gear him to 11+ today. That's months and months of hoarding crystals if you don't pay for em.
  • "Tbirds01;c-1815518" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1814858" wrote:
    Yea, all valid points. I just wish they'd do something with it. I don't think it's changed at all since I started playing years ago.

I've never met anyone who actually enjoys squad Arena, they just do it for the rewards.

I enjoy squad arena.? One of my favorite modes, always has been.

You enjoy fighting revan constantly? Or are you in a lower tier where there's variety? ? just curious, cuz you're legit the first I've ever seen to say that
    "Gannon;c-1815588" wrote:
    "Tbirds01;c-1815518" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1814858" wrote:
    Yea, all valid points. I just wish they'd do something with it. I don't think it's changed at all since I started playing years ago.

I've never met anyone who actually enjoys squad Arena, they just do it for the rewards.

I enjoy squad arena.? One of my favorite modes, always has been.

You enjoy fighting revan constantly? Or are you in a lower tier where there's variety? ? just curious, cuz you're legit the first I've ever seen to say that

I enjoy squad arena. One of my favourite game modes. Always has been
  • "Gannon;c-1815480" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815460" wrote:
    "Gannon;c-1815444" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815434" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815403" wrote:
    "leef;c-1815350" wrote:

Well you've had better luck than anyone I know. I could maybe get enough crystals together to finish farming DR, but wouldn't have enough by far to gear him to 11+ today. That's months and months of hoarding crystals if you don't pay for em.

Luck's got nothing to do with it. Piling up crystals instead of spending them is not unusual.