Forum Discussion

5 years ago

standard energy cap

So decided to take a cue from ahnald and start banking energy to get as close as possible to a day 1 unlock for GL Luke, only to find a little surprise

Tried a few different number combos and it looks like once you're over 2k energy you can't purchase anymore with crystals.

I call shenanigans. Looks like they forgot something in the update notes...
  • outside of google play, people have been doing this forever. I know of many players who started a second account and basically never leveled up, would not finish daily activities so they never went past 12 or whenever you start getting regular and cantina energy. I don't find this fun or exciting but they would stockpile the energy and wait until they were at a place they were satisfied with to then suddenly start playing the game unlocking the arena with a huge advantage as they are placed in a relatively new shard with the ability to farm, and if desired buy a few bundles to get them started.

I don't really see it as cheating the system or exploiting really its just a whole new level of hoarding. The google play points does make it a bit murky, but they have always released and favored the partnership with android so not surprising. Apple doesn't like to offer incentives, you either play their way or your don't, and they are in a position of not having to care.

(to clarify by not leveling up they would set timers and log in at the energy refresh times, you can't purchase beyond the limit but you can still collect beyond it. there are what 3 regular refreshes, and 1 with cantina? its a long process but.. with discipline and patience I suppose it pays off.)
  • "Eleslalegenda;c-2173951" wrote:
    "scuba;c-2173949" wrote:
    As was stated there has been an energy cap for a long time. Forum search is your friend
    From February 2016
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14872/recent-change-to-energy-caps

Well then it definitely makes less sense that they allow you to continue to collect energy from other places and not from buying refreshes.

Especially with the play bundles, seems like an oversight and I still call shenanigans

ok
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Eleslalegenda;c-2173951" wrote:
    "scuba;c-2173949" wrote:
    As was stated there has been an energy cap for a long time. Forum search is your friend
    From February 2016
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14872/recent-change-to-energy-caps

Well then it definitely makes less sense that they allow you to continue to collect energy from other places and not from buying refreshes.

Especially with the play bundles, seems like an oversight and I still call shenanigans

It's not an oversight. The cap was added to prevent you from using crystals to get infinite energy. There is not only no good reason for them to disallow buying packs that give energy with money, but there are plenty of bad ones. Most notably, you never want to tell a paying customer that they can't give you their money.
  • "TVF;c-2173987" wrote:
    As insightful as calling shenanigans for no good reason, so you're welcome!

Allowing what could be considered an exploit is reason enough to call shenanigans, thanks ?
  • "Eleslalegenda;c-2174137" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-2174002" wrote:
    "Eleslalegenda;c-2173951" wrote:
    "scuba;c-2173949" wrote:
    From February 2016

It's not an oversight. The cap was added to prevent you from using crystals to get infinite energy. There is not only no good reason for them to disallow buying packs that give energy with money, but there are plenty of bad ones. Most notably, you never want to tell a paying customer that they can't give you their money.

Not arguing against their being a cap, but not OK with their being ways to circumvent it.

the google paly deal is a limited time thing, it wont always be there. its just it happened to be around when the GLs were about to be dropped