Forum Discussion

5 years ago

stealing from BioWare or is Disney stealing from BioWare?

what the hell is going on calling the new emperor, "eternal" ... in Star Wars there is only one eternal emperor and it is not Sidious.

please cg, do not mix up more mess for Disney. Do not call him eternal, call him final or else.

BioWare created the Eternal Throne and Emperor, do not mix them up!
  • "Sebek;c-2160904" wrote:
    "Sajen_Beckett97;c-2160895" wrote:
    "CoSrenegade;c-2160347" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2160309" wrote:
    Sith Eternal Emperor = Darth Sidious

Sith Empire. Vitiate, Valkorion, it is bloody misleading !

Exactly! When I first saw the announcement I thought it was going to be Valkorian or Vitiate. Should have given GL Emperor Palpatine a different name more accurate to the lore. Don't ever recall him being called the Sith Eternal Emperor in the movies.

He is Emperor, He is the Leader of Sith Eternal, so i don't see a problem

The problem is Mickey Mouse ...;)
  • You seem to forget that eternal empire was like revan when Disney took over the replaced it with their propaganda
  • They can't call him Emperor Palpatine though bc if they do that, they have to pay George Lucas. And Disney wants all that money. So Palps gets a new name so Disney can avoid giving George any money.
  • "Ultra;c-2160309" wrote:

NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Ultra;c-2160309" wrote:

Sequel stuff > Video Game stuff

Only misleading if you hold Video Game characters at a higher pedestal
  • "CoSrenegade;c-2160353" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2160351" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2160309" wrote:

Sequel stuff > Video Game stuff

Only misleading if you hold Video Game characters at a higher pedestal

what about all the books we put our money into and Disney is bloody ignoring?

and btw. we are talking about game content ... BioWare ... CG .. both creating games.
    Why buy them, if they are out of canon?

Because they are fun to play.

For example i loved the dlc for force unleashed 1.... and that was a what if based on you choosing to kill vader in the game.

So not canon.... but so fun
  • "CoSrenegade;d-235025" wrote:
    what the hell is going on calling the new emperor, "eternal" ... in Star Wars there is only one eternal emperor and it is not Sidious.

please cg, do not mix up more mess for Disney. Do not call him eternal, call him final or else.

BioWare created the Eternal Throne and Emperor, do not mix them up!

It was indeed called the Eternal Empire/Throne but iirc Valkorion was named the Immortal Emperor after he was taken over by Vitiate who was simply called Sith Emperor. I could be wrong, but neither of their titles ever used the word "Eternal"
  • "Bulldog1205;c-2160459" wrote:
    Will this link help everyone?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sith_Eternal

Just funny:
    Searchgin for "Eternal Sith emperor" on google.
    1. result is "Tenebrae"

https://www.google.at/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ALeKk00J7FgE5jfbsdryh4xoKsd0DIvsDA%3A1598429826523&source=hp&ei=ghpGX4aOHaONlwSni5uYDg&q=Eternal+Sith+emperor&oq=Eternal+Sith+emperor&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIGCAAQFhAeOgcIIxDqAhAnOgQIIxAnOgQILhAnOgIIADoCCC46CAguEMcBEK8BOgUIABDLAToLCC4QxwEQowIQywE6BQguEMsBOgUILhCTAjoECC4QCjoICAAQFhAKEB46BAgAEA06CAgAEAgQDRAeUIgRWIs0YNY8aAFwAHgAgAGkAYgB2BOSAQQwLjIwmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdperABCg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiG14WQt7jrAhWjxoUKHafFBuMQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

Still, I have to apologize to CG for calling them out! I went very emotional yesterday. I'm sorry!

So it was Disney or Kennedy or whoever to just grab something good like a cool name and put it into the sequels, just to make them better and covering their bad story telling.

It's just a shame. I know it is not stealing due to they're owning the franchise. But in the end they destroyed the work of a lot great people, writing and creating for Star Wars. Took the good parts to create something realy bad.

It just makes me angry. They should delete episode 7-9.
    Just my opinion.

edit: Thanks Bulldog1205 for correcting me!
  • "CoSrenegade;c-2160347" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2160309" wrote:

Exactly! When I first saw the announcement I thought it was going to be Valkorian or Vitiate. Should have given GL Emperor Palpatine a different name more accurate to the lore. Don't ever recall him being called the Sith Eternal Emperor in the movies.