Forum Discussion

Bantha_Milker
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

The actual benefits of Conquest special path?

Serious question here. I keep reading there are extra rewards for the special path in conquest, but I don't know what they are. Is there a reason to a tually do it other than a challenge?
  • The second node with 3 data disks is the only extra thing you get. It the extra jawa with alternate consumables if it's in the second or 4th section.
  • Basically it gives you more to choose from and notionally they tend to be better disks but by no means always. It also allows you to choose between squad specific techs or generic consumables in some scavenger nodes. TBH I think it’s been a bit oversold as a new experience- I’ve been slavishly following the special path and, well I don’t feel very special. However, as Bette Midler said, ‘the soul that’s scared of dying… never learns to live’
    Bantha_Milker
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Lol Santa, yeah. I don't feel special either. Then again, you're special, just like everyone else.
  • "Dannydgoatee;c-2335798" wrote:
    Lol Santa, yeah. I don't feel special either. Then again, you're special, just like everyone else.

All of us who keep playing this game are special ...
  • I'm not sure I would call them extra. They have always been there and everyone got to choose between two nodes of mods. Then the nerf bat came and took it away from anyone who doesn't take the new specific hard path.
    Bantha_Milker
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Hmm, extra data disks is good. I'd just do that and f the rest. Thanks.
  • Last time i got a purple in S1. It's really just a craps shoot that you will get anything worth while from the hard path. Which is kind of sad really. Honestly it really just makes the feats harder.
  • Another path to choose from. So you have a chance to avoid some disgusting node(s) like steadfast retribution.