Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn- mods versus gear needed help

So I've been farming heavy since I started playing right as last thrawn event came out. I see plenty of videos of people having lvl 80+ toons 7 * and gear 10 to unlock him. I look at their power and they are mostly 9700ish at gear 10 . My Ezra is gear 8 and 12k power I look at mods and they all used HP mods and I use mods based off the recommendations on the forums, perhaps that's the reason im higher? Most videos combine they have about 50k power at gear 10 and I'm sitting at gear 8 on all but modded to power 55k. Im planning on Ezra to at least gear 9 but think mods are better than gear for this? I like leveling mods cuz I can swap them around lol. I have plenty of speed 5 dot crit dmg and chance 5 dots and offense and health all 5 dot level 15. Anyone post total power they think would be doable. Ps love this forum versus most game forums you guys rock thanks for helping a newbie. Also plan on having all uniques omega. So most of my toons should be 12k each. Can you tell I want thrawn bad?? I want him for my 5th for R2 for Luke lol
    Krjst0ff
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I missed out on Thrawn the last time, and has also been preparing for his return.

First of all: Power rating is worth squat. It doesn't tell you anything about the toons performance in a team.

With that said, most reports agree that 7* Thrawn is doable with Ezra G10 and the rest G8 (with Sabine on the bench), as long as you also have decent mods. So I'm going for that along with every possible omega ability.

• I believe the reason for the power discrepancy in the videos you mention is that those videos were taken before the introduction of GP and the power formula rework. Toons used to have lower listed power before the rework.
  • "Krjstoff;c-1268561" wrote:
    I missed out on Thrawn the last time, and has also been preparing for his return.

First of all: Power rating is worth squat. It doesn't tell you anything about the toons performance in a team.

With that said, most reports agree that 7* Thrawn is doable with Ezra G10 and the rest G8 (with Sabine on the bench), as long as you also have decent mods. So I'm going for that along with every possible omega ability.

Nice, yea I have all 5 dot gold mods on them right now mostly all crit dmg and chance except Hera which has all health. The mods alone were huge difference and I have enough to omega everyone I should be 80 by then.
  • "Macattack9;c-1268669" wrote:
    I believe the reason for the power discrepancy in the videos you mention is that those videos were taken before the introduction of GP and the power formula rework. Toons used to have lower listed power before the rework.

Good call i didn't think of that. Gonna work Ezra to gear 10 and mods are solid right now all 5 dot gold crit chance and dmg.
  • Yeah I have Ezra at G9 and the rest G8, all omega uniques done. I'm hoping that's enough.
  • "Macattack9;c-1268886" wrote:
    Yeah I have Ezra at G9 and the rest G8, all omega uniques done. I'm hoping that's enough.

I just used them to auto emperor 7 star full protection bar still lol. Hoping to limp 7 star thrawn but know I got 6 star locked up.
  • It will probably still be difficult. The Thrawn event was the toughest I've done yet.
  • "Crazylazyguy;c-1286628" wrote:
    Straight outta reddit
    https://i.imgur.com/DpT0jOs.jpg

Wow nice, wonder what mods. I will have more than that by thrawn. G10 Ezra, gear 9 everyone else and all heavily modded. Guess rng has to be nice to me. Thanks for sharing.