Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Too much rng in ships

Here is my feedback on ships:

1. Ships are important. It is at least the second most important part of the game if not the most important, because you earn a lot of crystals in the top 5 and you can buy zeta mats with the currency.
2. There are very few viable ships which leads to
3. Ships are very annoying because a) in developed shards in the top 20 there is 90% mirror matches and b) it basically boild down to who applies more target locks and c) if your TFP dodges a good amount of times.

So basically ships are very important and at the same time the single most rng dependant part of the game ("50% chance to attack again", "70% chance to inflict target lock", "4x % chance to dodge" and so on.) which makes it a nightmare.
Just to illustrate how extremely rng dependant it is: I fought my shardmate the last four days every day and won easily. Today I tried it six(!) times and lost every time. It's ridicoulous. He assured me he hasn't changed a single thing and neither did I.

So my biggest wish is: Do something that RNG is not the most deciding factor in mirror matches.
  • "Mr_Sausage;c-1469097" wrote:
    Too much RNG in ships? How does that even make sense? This whole game is RNG based. Regular arena is no different. Do ships have a separate RNG that is designed to give ships “too much”?

Sigh. Yes, rng plays a role in every part of the game. In ships it plays a more dominant role though than in the other arena. And it has three main reasons imho:
    - ships are more fragile, they survive less hits.
    - Reaper punishes the death of a ship so hard.
    - the stuff that is rng based (applying TL and your TFP dodging) is so important, it is match making important.

"Dk_rek;c-1469480" wrote:

Everyone might be using the same ships but they would still be able to win with any other 5 ships...
    as long as you don’t show proof, I call BS on that.

• "hilikus;c-1471331" wrote:

- Reaper punishes the death of a ship so hard.

Absolutely. All of my matches come down to who’s Tie Reaper dies first.
  • Well I guess the good news is you don't farm an entire squad up to G12 only to find they're unusable because the meta shifted.
  • "hilikus;d-158133" wrote:
    Here is my feedback on ships:

1. Ships are important. It is at least the second most important part of the game if not the most important, because you earn a lot of crystals in the top 5 and you can buy zeta mats with the currency.
    2. There are very few viable ships which leads to
    3. Ships are very annoying because a) in developed shards in the top 20 there is 90% mirror matches and b) it basically boild down to who applies more target locks and c) if your TFP dodges a good amount of times.

So basically ships are very important and at the same time the single most rng dependant part of the game ("50% chance to attack again", "70% chance to inflict target lock", "4x % chance to dodge" and so on.) which makes it a nightmare.
    Just to illustrate how extremely rng dependant it is: I fought my shardmate the last four days every day and won easily. Today I tried it six(!) times and lost every time. It's ridicoulous. He assured me he hasn't changed a single thing and neither did I.

So my biggest wish is: Do something that RNG is not the most deciding factor in mirror matches.

What’s wrong with RNG? I just faced a g9 tie pilot that dodged 5x and has no mods and of course, my tie pilot took the two hits and died. Awesome.
  • So I am guessing you’re being sarcastic? But just to make sure: if every battle boils down to rng, what’s the point in playing manually or playing at all? It’s just plain boring and annoying, if the rng plays too big a part.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,383 PostsLatest Activity: 4 days ago