Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Trading

Please implement trading, like a huge trading markets/market that you can for example trade a gear 8 wedge level 70 for a level 70 gear 8 Bigs or so on so forth. Live trading would also be really cool. I understand there could be problems but it would be so much fun You could also trade things like gear, mods, ect
  • "Thanaton;858711" wrote:
    "Kyno;858683" wrote:
    Or just no.

It will be abused and farmed. Can we trust then to close all the loop holes?

Agreed. Although it sounds ideal, the negative ramifications would just be the end of this game.
    If anything along these lines, allow shard donations.

Shard donations would be the worst, alt account farming would be crazy.
  • "Kyno;858739" wrote:
    "Thanaton;858711" wrote:
    "Kyno;858683" wrote:
    Or just no.

Agreed. Although it sounds ideal, the negative ramifications would just be the end of this game.

I think the best thing to counter alt account farming is to set a level requirement to use. Setting it higher even to level 85... would surpress that motivation.
  • "Athusk;858745" wrote:
    "Kyno;858739" wrote:
    "Thanaton;858711" wrote:
    "Kyno;858683" wrote:
    Or just no.

I think the best thing to counter alt account farming is to set a level requirement to use. Setting it higher even to level 85... would surpress that motivation.

I agree there are many solutions. But can we really trust them to close all the loop holes. We have seen many "obvious " exploits pointed out hours after they release content.
  • "Maljr1980;858773" wrote:
    I think it's a bad idea and would never want it... but isn't this a "trading card game"? And only EA gets to make money, if I've paid a lot of money to get what I have in game, shouldn't I be allowed to sell my maxed characters? It's like Magic saying I can't sell one of my cards to someone else, only magic is allowed to sell cards to people. Does EA have a legal right that I can't sell my digital property in a market place to someone else?

What?

Where in any game do you have a legal right to do anything, the game doesn't let you do?

I guess you could compare this to a trading card game but there is no trading, and we don't deal cards......so, yeah.....
  • "Maljr1980;858773" wrote:
    I think it's a bad idea and would never want it... but isn't this a "trading card game"? And only EA gets to make money, if I've paid a lot of money to get what I have in game, shouldn't I be allowed to sell my maxed characters? It's like Magic saying I can't sell one of my cards to someone else, only magic is allowed to sell cards to people. Does EA have a legal right that I can't sell my digital property in a market place to someone else?

Read the terms of service, specifically the part about content and entitlement.

You actually own nothing it's not your digital property, you're just using an EA service.
  • "Maljr1980;858788" wrote:
    "Kyno;858779" wrote:
    "Maljr1980;858773" wrote:

What?

Where in any game do you have a legal right to do anything, the game doesn't let you do?

I guess you could compare this to a trading card game but there is no trading, and we don't deal cards......so, yeah.....

If I spent $100 on a force awakens bundle, don't I own those characters as my digital property?

No, read the terms of service.
  • 2. License

The EA Services are licensed to you, not sold. EA grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use the EA Services to which you have access for your non-commercial use, subject to your compliance with this Agreement. You may not access, copy, modify or distribute any EA Service, Content or Entitlements (as those terms are defined below), unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. You may not reverse engineer or attempt to extract or otherwise use source code or other data from EA Services, unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. EA or its licensors own and reserve all other rights, including all right, title and interest in the EA Services and associated intellectual property rights.
  • "Maljr1980;858788" wrote:
    "Kyno;858779" wrote:
    "Maljr1980;858773" wrote:

What?

If I spent $100 on a force awakens bundle, don't I own those characters as my digital property?

Nope, you "own" the game. When you play a game and buy a digital download, that doesn't give you any right to sell any content....