Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Very odd GAC bracket...reasons?

I am in Chromium 3...around here everyone has 1GL, usually 2 or 3...i manage with my lone SEE and a lot of effort to keep up...

I was a bit amazed by the present bracket...
https://swgoh.gg/p/249169172/gac-bracket/

Not because of the player with 5 GLs...happens on occasion...but due to a player with 0GLs...this "per se" would be odd...but the REALLY STRANGE is that he has also 0 relic units...

I dont undersdand how this can happen...i dont think any amount of skill will allow that roster to get this high...thoughts?
(I am not playing vs him...so not sure how it will go)
    StormAzrael
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I don't think someone without any relics can be in Chromium III legitimately! ;)
    Morgoth_swgoh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Try and look up his GAC history. He doesn’t really have one.
    Probably returned to the game after a very long time off and has retained his old or even initial rank
  • What Morgoth01 said is absolutely correct. My son returned from a 3 year layoff. Was in Kyber 1 when he stopped playing with a 6M account with 1 GL.

Came back in Kyber 5. But after playing for a GAC season, was dropped quickly to Aurodium 4

Basically the game doesn't allow you to switch leagues unless you sign up for the next GAC season, so if you quit playing, you may drop to the bottom of your current league without playing, you won't drop out of your current.league until you sign up for a new season
  • "Morgoth01;c-2435322" wrote:
    Try and look up his GAC history. He doesn’t really have one.
    Probably returned to the game after a very long time off and has retained his old or even initial rank

Could be...if so, it will will be a tough month (or more) for him...
    I just got smashed (by one with 3 GLS+) so perhaps i will play him...

• Looking through the roster, it seems certain to be a returning player.
    Whatelse73
    Seasoned Hotshot
    You drop slower if you don't play at all than if you play and lose 100% of the time.
  • Really interesting. It used to be not signing up wouldn't affect your Skill Rating. Now it looks like it does (by what metric who knows), but doesn’t make one eligible for the League 1/5 swap? That might be part of the initial GAC sign-up plus Squish process.
  • Just an update...as "normal" the odd player lost all 3 matches...and i guess he will keep losing until he gets to his "normal" bracket...
    Never played him...
    Not as i expected this to work, but i guess it is an effect of being away from game...