Forum Discussion

7 years ago

What do I need to do to beat the final tier???

I have no clue why I struggle to even take out one trooper before getting annialated... my Phoenix are all level 85 and 7*, I’ve tried several mod combinations, and they’re all gear 8. First 3 levels are a cake walk; I can Auto them on basic with no issues and almost full protection left on all by level 4. Then I get obliterated like I’m standing still and feel like I’m moving at the slowest turn speed possible.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wakkojoe/collection/?f=phoenix

• You're slow. Kanan is 99, Ezra is 125. Ezra should be closer to 200. You need to be able to get that buff off the DTs before they go. You're not going to do that at your speed.
  • Gear 8 is not enough you need at least g9, ideally g10 or g11. Which 5 toons do you use? Normally it’s hera lead with Ezra, zeb, kanan and either chopper or Sabine. Generally can do at lower gear level with chopper due to his set up.
  • "Trystan_Spyder;c-1522434" wrote:
    You're slow. Kanan is 99, Ezra is 125. Ezra should be closer to 200. You need to be able to get that buff off the DTs before they go. You're not going to do that at your speed.

"Trystan_Spyder;c-1522434" wrote:
    You're slow. Kanan is 99, Ezra is 125. Ezra should be closer to 200. You need to be able to get that buff off the DTs before they go. You're not going to do that at your speed.

Agreed you need a bit more speed, swaps some mods if you have
  • 2 easy things. Upgrade and take the speed arrows you have on nihilus and Finn and put them on hera and ezra, take the other mods with high speed over too
  • "Richfxxx;c-1522436" wrote:
    Gear 8 is not enough you need at least g9, ideally g10 or g11. Which 5 toons do you use? Normally it’s hera lead with Ezra, zeb, kanan and either chopper or Sabine. Generally can do at lower gear level with chopper due to his set up.

This is a bit overkill. Was able to beat it with everyone at G8 except for Hera at G9. I would say Zeb is the most important to mod well (decent speed and high potency). Make sure to get retribution on Zeb ASAP and get Kannan to taunt so he’s the one who gets fractured first. Remove the taunt with chopper or Ezra. Stun lock with Zeb as often as possible. Hope RNG smiles on you and Thrawn is toast :smile:
  • "Richfxxx;c-1522436" wrote:
    Gear 8 is not enough you need at least g9, ideally g10 or g11. Which 5 toons do you use? Normally it’s hera lead with Ezra, zeb, kanan and either chopper or Sabine. Generally can do at lower gear level with chopper due to his set up.

Definitely overkill. I missed him last time with all L85 G10 Hera, G10 Ezra, G9 Sabine, G8 Zeb, and G8 Kanaan. Not all abilities were maxed and pretty crappy mods.

Since then I grinded good mods and maxed all abilities (except zetas). Hera G11, Ezra G10, Sabine G10, Kanaan G10, Zeb G8 and I finished it with everyone except Zeb maxed health and protection still.
  • I completed this yesterday using the standard composition, (no Sabine) but moved all my speed mods over from other characters. All level 85, gear level 8, all omegas (except Heras' Back up plan). No Zetas. I moved 25 mods in total.

In looking at just your mods, all I have to say is that you might have neglected them a little too much in your game-play. Your lack of speed arrows is quite apparent. I think you have quite a chance for success if you farm for speed for the next couple of days, upgrade them to level 15, and then try.

As an example, I have ten +30 speed arrows. I seem to get one for every 20-30 attempts. I don't know if that is about average, but seems to be for me.

Higher speed can make up for lower gear. Lower speed is hard to make up with gear.