Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Where is the interesting part of the new raid?

It's not nice to criticize something without trying it, but since the detailed description has been published, there are lot of things to discuss.
So...seriously. Who invented this new raid? Who would have thought that this will be exciting and interesting? Based on the description, it seems to me that it will be extremely complicated and extremely monotonous at the same time.
When CG announced the shiny new Endor raid, I thought there would be 3-4 tiers, missions and locations from the Jedi movie. For example, yes, one of these could be the speeder bike scene, then e.g. the siege of the bunker and finally the main boss fight, against an AT-ST. Instead, I now feel like I accidentally find myself at a math conference where I don't understand anything, but I don't care neither.
Why did I develop these excellent characters if I can't use their abilities and their effectiveness depends only on their stats?
Why do I have to read 5 pages to even understand the mechanics of how a raid works, when visually all that happens is 3 bikers fighting 2 other bikers?
Why do I have to watch the same rolling landscape background for 8 battles when RoTJ is full of beautiful locations and scenes on Endor alone?
CG, where is the interesting part in this new raid? Do you think the part about farming a bunch of accuracy mods is interesting and exciting? Or do you think that we will love when the whole raid looks like a big math thesis?
I am very, very disappointed and our next 1 year is not looking very good at all in terms of raids!