Forum Discussion

jeffwerth
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Why does the squish only affect players that try?

Well done, CG. You seem to be able to hit all sorts of buttons wrong. Why do you squish players like me 78 places in Kyber 1 when you leave Aurodium players at the top? This just feels so wrong. What's the point of playing the game if you are just going to knock people back for no reason? '

Now, I wonder how long this discussion will be allowed to live before it gets taken down. 

7 Replies

• This is the person at the top of K1 with a 5m GP roster:

Now obviously that person shouldn't be there, but the point is, the higher you climb the harder your SR will be hit by the squish. The way the system currently works, an increasingly severe squish is necessary the higher you go to keep the people at the top from getting so far ahead that no one can ever hope to overtake them. If the squish didn't happen, the folks at the top could never be knocked down.

As an aside, I'm not sure why they're unable to manually adjust these peoples skill ratings to reset them to a reasonable rank. This must be really frustrating for the folks at the top.

Screerider
      Seasoned Traveler

Think of it as a ladder, though. The Squish attempts to keep the rungs of the ladder close enough so that climbing (and falling) is possible. Without it, gaps between rungs could get out-of-hand.

Skill Rating doesn't matter. It's where you are on the ladder. [/beatbox]

• Aurodium was squished routinely by 70 each season when I was in it. I used to be squished from A2-A3/A4 every season, in Kyber I have not moved tier due to squish I either sit in K2 or K3. Before and after the algorithm change. K1 is squished harder than K2 or K3 due to be further from the middle. It is not related to “try hard” as K1 players are not necessarily trying harder they may just have more developed rosters. But everyone in your rank will be squished the same, if you stay in K1 your rewards are the same so it’s only your perception that SR means anything that’s the issue.

• The squish doesn't affect only k1. I'm in k3 and I also get squished. This time it was "only" 30-40 points (vs the almost 100 I lost in the last season), but it’s everywhere.

Mox4
    Rising Rookie

Because everyone who's actively playing tries, and sooner or later ends up in Kyber. And we cannot have everyone in Kyber. That's absurd.