Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Why such a focus on PVP?

This is an honest question. PvP in “turned based” games seems inherently flawed to me.. as it heavily depends on who goes first.
And yes, I know there is pve in this game.. but it’s pretty weak. It seems like there’s a lot of room for expansion/improvement here. Where’s the creativity? Also: please enlighten me- was the majority of the community really asking for all this grand arena crap? Look at the issues it’s been causing..
  • "mellamoroberto;c-1915656" wrote:
    "Liath;c-1915614" wrote:

Geo TB has quite a few nodes on which you can use any DS characters. It absolutely makes use of characters we already have. It also makes additional characters useful that previously were not, which is something many people have repeatedly asked for.

I see a huge distinction between requiring development of specific characters to complete a task, and actually making them useful.

The former = forced grind and/or spending to participate and/or accomplish something. i.e develop and use these particular characters that may not interest you at all, or lose/miss out

The latter = updating characters so they're as useful and powerful as the "meta" or not making the conscious choice to have new characters obliterate existing ones in the first place.

I prefer the latter. Or perhaps even making certain characters/factions more useful in a particular event like with the bonuses in Sith raid, but not outright requiring them.

True, but required development is better than “I have these terrible characters that I don’t know what to do with.” And geos were just made so much better and will get better still.
  • "mellamoroberto;c-1915656" wrote:
    "Liath;c-1915614" wrote:

Geo TB has quite a few nodes on which you can use any DS characters. It absolutely makes use of characters we already have. It also makes additional characters useful that previously were not, which is something many people have repeatedly asked for.

I see a huge distinction between requiring development of specific characters to complete a task, and actually making them useful.

The former = forced grind and/or spending to participate and/or accomplish something. i.e develop and use these particular characters that may not interest you at all, or lose/miss out

The latter = updating characters so they're as useful and powerful as the "meta" or not making the conscious choice to have new characters obliterate existing ones in the first place.

I prefer the latter. Or perhaps even making certain characters/factions more useful in a particular event like with the bonuses in Sith raid, but not outright requiring them.

They did both.

For the latter, they udpated GG. They updated B2. They updated Nute. They updated the Geonosian faction (via Brood Alpha, and more reworks may be coming).

I think the difference is that CG is looking at the meta from a GAC perspective and most players are still focused on the arena meta. Separatist Droids, Geonosians, and Padme lead GR (likely required in the LSGTB when it comes) all have a spot in GA now.
  • Thank you for those replies.

I don't always keep up on the status of the game as well as I should, so could one of you please tell me whether Geo Soldier, Spy, and Sun Fac have been reworked/updated, or what announcements if any have been made regarding changes to them?

I have them at 7* around G9 so developing them a bit more wouldn't be a huge ordeal.