Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Barriss

Brainstorm with me for a moment.

She has high health. High protection. And as what made her what she was at launch of the game, she has an unavoidable healing capability.

With it being a leveling mechanic, her standing next to Fun Sac, B2, Anakin... we're talking a full team refill, and even worse, putting those high health toons down to yellow or red, then having them go back to entirely full again.

Now, add mods. Damage mods? Speed? Health/Protection? She could, in theory, be tuned to be highly effective and a HUGE interruption, especially in PvP.

Thoughts? Anyone tried this yet? I feel she is so long forgotten that we are failing to look at a really effective toon in our roster.

Does anyone have a counter argument to a beefed up Barriss?
  • "Darth_Azrael;655471" wrote:
    "K_G0sling;655452" wrote:
    Has anyone attempted to put offense mods on her though? If her basic could potentially pull off a 5K-6K per hit, wouldn't that be as effective as anyone else for that position?

I doubt it. The main feature of Barriss is the sustainability of the team, so it benefits more health mods. If you change it for offense, it will have a less efficient cure and its damage will still be mediocre.

Well her health and the health of others, not solely her health since she equalizes. When the game launched, there was nobody with a HP to the like of B2, Sun Fac, Old Ben, etc. Time has passed, and now other toons have massive healthlines that chip into the equalization affect significantly. I have a feeling if you put her in for speed and offense mods, she could once again change the game. I've got three more toons I need to max before I have some experimentation time and hopefully if I get to it, I'll update this thread on some results.
  • if that's the case that sucks. Heal everyone but only she gets defense up :/ of course then again it seems like most jedi gain defense up lol.
  • I have seen her in 1 very successful arena team since the switch to protection... Teebo lead, barris and Daka, Rey....forgot the other, but it doesn't really matter...it was that Teebo leader invisibility nonsense, especially with Daka and barriss was silly hard to kill.
  • What if your enemy have palp? He shocks and target can't receive health. Barriss just ignore healing immunity. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
  • Does she bypass Palpatine's shocks? I'm assuming yes because of the healing mechanic not being a buff, same as before when she was known to push past the heal block. Anyone tried a heal through a shocked team?
  • @K_G0sling Barris used to be very good in the initial days, but later with advent of Protection and now Mods, she is losing her charm. There are few issues that make her not so attractive in arena.
    1. Barris heals works as she first bring all the toon to a same baseline and then heals up a little. This will work good in condition where, ST Han taunts, entire opposition attacks him, and she brings he back to his glory back. With AOE attack like Anakin/ Lando, there is not going to be that much leveling as everyone will be in low health. Lumi will be much more effective in this case.
    2. Adding mods is very trickly, as you have to see how you want to use her. Health mods are very good, more health Barris has, mode she gives to the team. But then she is dam slow and low attack, making your team itself venerable.
    3. If you add speed and cric mode, you are going to lose on health, which is her basic purpose.

I think she needs a bit of balancing, getting her basic attack and speed increase. Since she is the only one who can health the team through EP shock.
  • The sticky place they've put me in this, is there's only 6 slots and both offense and speed require sets of 4 for their bonus.

I'm leaning toward offense/speed as secondaries since realistically a 10% speed bump on 100 is only a +10 which can be achieved through secondaries on the right mods.

Health or defense mods with primary health percentage increase seem to be the right road I think for my experiment.

This should be interesting. Thank you by the way, to everyone and their valid input. It's nice to have a productive thread.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 8 years ago