Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Clone Sergeant any good?

I was looking for characters to speed up light side battles and re-read Clone Sergeant's abilities. They do not look to bad on paper, but before I use up a bunch of credits, training droids, and, worst of all, ability mats. I thought I'd see what others think of him. My Clone Sergeant is 3* but I have enough shards to bring him to 4*. Also I have a 5* Leia and I think the combo could be pretty good. Her increasing his crit. chance, and his turn meter gain every time he crits., seems like he could get a bunch of extra turns. That said if he hits like gentle spring breeze then all the extra turns in the world won't make a difference.
Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Thanks for the quick responses. So if he is not the character I'm looking for who is? Who does the best AoE damage on the light side, or has spamable AoE like Assaj?

It's weird light side battles are easy, but take a long time. Dark side battles are hard because I cannot seem to keep everyone alive, but go super fast because everyone has good AoE. Which is why, I suppose, they have squad battles for the best of both. Still, it would be nice and f I could find a good light side AoE toon... and dark side healer, while I'm wishing for things.
  • This information is obsolete.
    With Rex leadership and Fives, especially when teamed with RG and a short cooldown healer like JC, Clone Sergeant is eminently viable.
  • Clone Sergeant is extremely viable in the right composition, and anybody who says otherwise has likely not tried one out when maxed. Which is understandable. He's tricky to get and many would assume that anonymous toons that you get early in a game are more for training purposes and not really meant to be used late.

That's not an unreasonable assumption, but it's always better to listen to those who went ahead and actually tried it out at max. Having run a maxed Clone team for weeks in arena, I'll say that Clone Sergeant SHINES with Rex and Fives, but won't likely be very useful in other team compositions.
  • On a new shared account we got Rex somehow (wasn't me) and we have been farming fives and clone Sargent to go with tow of the following three for LS battle Lumi/JC/RT. Right now just renting a fives when he is available. It's working so far
  • I regard myself as more of a very nosy person who will hang around just about anywhere until I'm kicked out. ^^
  • "Toukai;248798" wrote:
    @Telaan @Baldo
    He can be good on a Clone team with Rex and 5s. @Nonemo posted some vids of Rex/5s/Clone Seargent/RG/+1 winning against speed metas.

@Toukai

Lol that was written back in December, LONG before he had Rex, and LONG before we even had a speed meta. Stand alone he's not impressive, hence my post at the time. Now in combination with Rex he's decent.
  • "Toukai;248964" wrote:
    @Telaan

No, these were posted this week, against QGJ lead teams. Let me see if I can find the post.

@Toukai

I know what video you're talking about. I'm talking about my post in this thread that you tagged me in. I posted it in December 2015.

Edit: for grammar.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago