Forum Discussion

crazyhynter
New Spectator
6 years ago

I am so confused with the Anakin "nerf" and his GR synergy.

So last week we had a "touch-up" on Anakin's kit, he'll only gain 100% more damage if the entire team is GR. Okay that makes sense with Padme coming in the game, right? If people want to have JKA at his best, they should use a GR team. This seems logical. But it's not the case.

It's a simple math. under a JKR team, you get +5% offense for each Jedi and each OR character.
There is one main team that works against DR + Malak(with some slight variations, either use R2 or Jolee, both will result in the same bonuses).

The team - JKR, JKA, Hermit Yoda, Kenobi, Jolee.
Let's do the math - JKR(OR + Jedi = 10% bonus dmg), JKA(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), Kenobi(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), HY(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), Jolee(OR + Jedi = 10% dmg).

Total bonus damage from Revan's lead 25%.
Bonus from HY = 50% for JKA(because he is Jedi).
Total damage for JKA 75%.

This is a constant 75% damage. It's not for 1 bonus turn, it's not when your ally's get below certain amount of health, it's all the time. And that's not all, under JKR even if you get below 1% hp, you still have 1 more "life" left, so Anakin would be getting bonus turns more frequently, and you wouldn't have to worry that your characters will die. Under Padme, if one of your characters gets below 50% hp, it's pretty much over for that character. And getting 100% bonus damage for 1 turn(when you also have Sith Trooper applying offense down every time) makes it even more useless.

You obviously can't use Hermit in that case, because the entire synergy would be lost, Kenobi won't taunt and Anakin won't have the bonus damage.

I know the game changers have shown some clips of them defeating Malak teams, but I can bet those were like 1 out of every 20 tries. And I'm saying that because I've been experimenting since the first day Padme was out. I already had the Kenobi and Ahsoka zetas, I had Padme at 7* g12, maxed out right away and gave Anakin a zeta, a day later, as I lacked omegas, and nothing changed. They simply can't deal enough damage to kill any Malak teams. Rarely you get the chance to get down to 3v1 or 4v1 vs Malak only, and it's pure RNG who he targets, if it's Anakin, it's game over. And then in even rarer situations you get to win.

So I politely ask the "design team" to do the same thing, they were doing when they said they were watching fights with JKR+JKA. Check the statistics and see what % of maxed out Padme teams beat 5/6* Malaks, and then 7* Malaks. And also check how frequently they do so. As of now JKR + Anakin is still the better solution, which I am sure was not what was intended.

P.S. before anyone jumps out with the "Poor whale, new toy can't beat blablabla", I haven't spent a dime on the game and I can still deal with Malak teams using JKR(not as easy as pre-Anakin nerf, but it's still reliable), it's just that JKR is such a boring team, it's been around for so long and I am fairly certain Padme was supposed to be another team that deals with Malak at least in 50-70% of the time, so it can freshen-up the arena.
  • "Canadafett;c-1855968" wrote:
    So we are back to speed meta, which everyone hated. Add in the fact that hilariously bad empire teams can beat her, it isn't looking to hot for all those crystals I dropped on her. This is why you wait until the 2nd time around people. Should have just skipped this one.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2nd time on DR and Malak....
  • "TVF;c-1855990" wrote:
    "Canadafett;c-1855968" wrote:
    So we are back to speed meta, which everyone hated. Add in the fact that hilariously bad empire teams can beat her, it isn't looking to hot for all those crystals I dropped on her. This is why you wait until the 2nd time around people. Should have just skipped this one.

You would have had they not nerfed palpatine and JKA.

• "Canadafett;c-1855996" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1855990" wrote:
    "Canadafett;c-1855968" wrote:

You would have had they not nerfed palpatine and JKA.

But they did.