Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Magnaguard - not worth gearing at all? what about after june 19 touch-up?

so i ve never farmed him but almost have him 7*, considering gearing him, but see virtually no one using him not even on a separatist team. Just to slow and too little damage? could he be worth it for a plug and play taunt for a c team, or not even?

• Amazing now. I used to use him in GA for the seps. I will use him again because of the stealth
  • "H_B0MBZ;c-1891878" wrote:
    My GG is well modded and geared/ zetad. On the contrary to what everyone is saying it's not an instant win against JKR. My win % is around or close to 50% now unlike how it used to be. I can get into the top 50 if rng is good.

Ig100- g12 + 2 health g12 pieces
    Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Resistance: 45.3
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Still dies after JKR mass assist. Like ****. Never even gets a turn. Droideka puts up his shield Bastila dispells it. My B2 has 106.2% potency still can't land a target lock and gets mass countered and dies with 80k Heath and protection. I mean just wow....

Three words: Critical Avoidance Arrow. Get it to g12 for maximum effect (30%).
  • "H_B0MBZ;c-1891878" wrote:
    My GG is well modded and geared/ zetad. On the contrary to what everyone is saying it's not an instant win against JKR. My win % is around or close to 50% now unlike how it used to be. I can get into the top 50 if rng is good.

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Still dies after JKR mass assist. Like ****. Never even gets a turn. Droideka puts up his shield Bastila dispells it. My B2 has 106.2% potency still can't land a target lock and gets mass countered and dies with 80k Heath and protection. I mean just wow....

Replace Droideka with zNute if you have him. I made this change and haven't lost to a JKR team yet. If Nute gets marked then he's going to die pretty quickly but then revives in stealth and GG gets his free turn. If Magnaguard gets marked then he should absorb the punishment enough to allow the others to win through. I have all T6 mods and only one G12 piece so my stats aren't as high (36k health, 70k prot. 47.34 armor, 38.91 resist). Not sure what is allowing my MGuard to survive so much better. His tenacity is at 61%, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, my B2's potency is 119% and he can consistently land target lock on at least 2 targets every time he uses his special.

• "Roksteady;c-1892564" wrote:
    "H_B0MBZ;c-1891878" wrote:

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Replace Droideka with zNute if you have him. I made this change and haven't lost to a JKR team yet. If Nute gets marked then he's going to die pretty quickly but then revives in stealth and GG gets his free turn. If Magnaguard gets marked then he should absorb the punishment enough to allow the others to win through. I have all T6 mods and only one G12 piece so my stats aren't as high (36k health, 70k prot. 47.34 armor, 38.91 resist). Not sure what is allowing my MGuard to survive so much better. His tenacity is at 61%, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, my B2's potency is 119% and he can consistently land target lock on at least 2 targets every time he uses his special.

"APX_919;c-1892362" wrote:

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Lol I wasn't expecting good constructive criticism. Thank you guys! I will actually try out your suggestions.
  • "Roksteady;c-1892564" wrote:

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

"APX_919;c-1892362" wrote:

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Lol I wasn't expecting good constructive criticism. Thank you guys! I will actually try out your suggestions.
    Presaria71
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Do Dooku and AV have any role in a GG arena team? or is all droids + Nute?
  • "Presaria;c-1893969" wrote:
    Do Dooku and AV have any role in a GG arena team? or is all droids + Nute?

I would stick with droids and zNute. Just not enough synergy with those two to make it worth losing any of the others.