Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Please rethink the credit needs of the game for Credit HEIST

Thanks for not even enough to level 2 toons from 75 to 85... this event is pure aggravation given the actual needs a lot of us have. I'm sure the gate is gonna flow strong after I post this but the fact is EA knows exactly what it is doing with this event. Giving the bare minimum so they don't lose a ton of free players, which would then cause paying players to leave, because the credit needs have grown exponentially. Given the credit needs in these days of mods (5* of course, 600k each x 5 per team x minimum of 3 teams, preferable to have 5 or 6 teams. That's 9 to 18 million just for mods, and doesn't take into account credits wasting upgrading mods to 12 just to see stats are garbage) Then there's leveling those teams of 5, not sure is current number but about 12 million per toon, plus cost to equip gear or move mods around. Let's call it 12.5 per toon x 5 is another 62.5 per team. Then the cost of getting each toon to 7*, 1.9 million or so per toon? That's 9.5 per team. Minimum 3 teams these days. There's 28.5 million.

Let's say my numbers are high, prob are, so I simplified and rounded down.

Cost of modding 3 teams w 5* mods roughly;
8.5 million credits.
Cost of leveling 3 teams to 85, again roughly;
180 million credits.
Cost of getting all 3 teams to 7*, roughly;
28.5 million credits.

Roughly 217 million credits needed just for 3 teams. And there are numerous other little functions like gearing characters that also cost credits.

Between this and the gear wall it's overwhelming a lot of players. I'm just asking for someone to take a look at the credits needs of today vs last year and rethink this event. I've stopped trying to even get new toons simply because there's no point when I can't level gear or mod them. That's money lost as I'm sure it's not only me. Also the cost in crystals to buy credits is laughable. Basically 600 crystals to max level 1 5* mod. Someone needs to take a look at this issue as the game and it's needs have changed a lot in the last 8 months.
  • "sneeekypants;824668" wrote:

I'm 18-25 rank in my guild for heroic tank, largely due to my Rebels and a bunch of under leveled and geared teams plus the load is not distributed evenly. I use about 25 toons in teams and 10 junk for the raid.

We've done maybe 7ish so far and 2 fails before that. I started in June/July as I believe you already know. A bump up of 20k on heroic teams is huge and yes I can get an average of 4K per toon for an entire attack by leveling them. Say the bottom 30 people are leveling due to credits on a phase and that is an additional 600k. for a heroic raid that's huge since that's all coming from your lower teams and members especially if you are at the cusp.

I use 15 guys and get 1.5mil, and they're not even ideal guys in any way, I just made them work. Only my empire/tanks are a recognised raid team, they get me slightly under half that total. I could make much better teams - I could literally level and gear wiggs right now but I hate rebels and I hate cheesy wiggs.

But instead I have just done ok with my g10 guys and saved my gear and look for compositions that will be able to blow the others out of the water, at a cheap price in terms of gear.

You should too, then when you're scoring millions with one team, you won't feel like 20k is a lot.
  • "leef;824570" wrote:
    "sneeekypants;824556" wrote:
    "Cardiff0;824455" wrote:
    I just don't see the big deal. I have 70 mil credits on standby doing nothing, win everything in the game, and have levelled everyone that could have any possible use for me. And I've bought a fair few mods and about half the guys I've levelled I never even use

If you want more usable characters, gear is always your wall stopping you using more guys.

Unless you are p2p in which case you need to buy both

You aren't winning heroic tank, tournaments or ship arena. Arena and Rancor sure, I got an alt I play 30 mins a day that has 24m credits and isn't even lvl 80 yet but at his rate it'll be 5 years before a heroic guild would admit him. We all play the same game, you can't invest credits to turn a profit or get things cheaper by playing "smart", you just opt to not play as much as others and have credits on hand by not doing anything.

Credits aren't an issue if you are content on only playing part of the content.

Agree in general on the gear but my under geared toons would do a lot more dmg on heroic tank if I had credits to lvl cap them instead of throwing a ton of them that are lvl 70 which invokes penalties.

Mods are the other issue.

A lot more dmg? i'm sorry, but i think you're wrong. a g8 lvl85 toons isn't that much better than a g8 lvl70 toon. It's simply not worth it to lvl them. That's what i consider playing smart, not wasting credits on stuff that makes very little difference. almost all my g9 or higher characters are lvl 85 (old daka and old ben are the exeption, both at lvl80).
    Furthermore, winning heroic tank raid and tournaments are far more dependent on time played than the availability of credits.

+1, This is very true in GW I am running a 4* lv 80 gear9 TFP in my 7* empire team. The gear level has made the most difference in his damage output and health. Leveling him up produced such small stat changes compared to gearing him up.
  • "Danbloo;824589" wrote:
    "WrathofCaedus;84770" wrote:
    Thanks for not even enough to level 2 toons from 75 to 85... this event is pure aggravation given the actual needs a lot of us have. I'm sure the gate is gonna flow strong after I post this but the fact is EA knows exactly what it is doing with this event. Giving the bare minimum so they don't lose a ton of free players, which would then cause paying players to leave, because the credit needs have grown exponentially. Given the credit needs in these days of mods (5* of course, 600k each x 5 per team x minimum of 3 teams, preferable to have 5 or 6 teams. That's 9 to 18 million just for mods, and doesn't take into account credits wasting upgrading mods to 12 just to see stats are garbage) Then there's leveling those teams of 5, not sure is current number but about 12 million per toon, plus cost to equip gear or move mods around. Let's call it 12.5 per toon x 5 is another 62.5 per team. Then the cost of getting each toon to 7*, 1.9 million or so per toon? That's 9.5 per team. Minimum 3 teams these days. There's 28.5 million.

Let's say my numbers are high, prob are, so I simplified and rounded down.

Cost of modding 3 teams w 5* mods roughly;
    8.5 million credits.
    Cost of leveling 3 teams to 85, again roughly;
    180 million credits.
    Cost of getting all 3 teams to 7*, roughly;
    28.5 million credits.

Roughly 217 million credits needed just for 3 teams. And there are numerous other little functions like gearing characters that also cost credits.

Between this and the gear wall it's overwhelming a lot of players. I'm just asking for someone to take a look at the credits needs of today vs last year and rethink this event. I've stopped trying to even get new toons simply because there's no point when I can't level gear or mod them. That's money lost as I'm sure it's not only me. Also the cost in crystals to buy credits is laughable. Basically 600 crystals to max level 1 5* mod. Someone needs to take a look at this issue as the game and it's needs have changed a lot in the last 8 months.

OP. Credit crunch is working as intended. If you want more, you can buy credits with crystals which requires irl purchase. Need to lower your expectations or spend real money.

I spend plenty of real money on this game but I absolutely refuse to pay 600 crystals for credits to max level 1 5* mod. If it ate a more reasonable ratio I prob wouldn't have a credit issue as I would actually buy them every now and then. This game has become so focused on soaking it's player base for every dollar it's worth over the last 8 months that, as a player, I fight the urge to quit at least once per month. A game should fun, like this game was before mods, tournaments, tank raid, and most every other recent update. In the meantime, my personally whale spending is done for the time being. If I play less or eventually lose interest so be it. But is Star Wars so it would need to screw up badly to fail.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago