Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Teebo or not teebo?

Teebo was one of those toons I have gathering dust on the bench, so I thought why not give him a chance, since I don't know much what to do with my GW tokens.
So I gave him stars (6), levels (65 now) and some spare gear (level 6, abilities level 3-5) and started using him as leader in my GW. It's kind of funny to see all my team flash on and off every turn, sometimes ending up with my whole team in stealth. His TM reduction is quite good too.

Still, in the end, that team (Teebo (L, level 62) and 4 attackers such as GS, IG-86,... all level 70+)) managed to wipe up the battle, but with much more casualties (damage, maybe 1 dead) than my regular GW team (which typically clears out the battle receiving insignificant damage).

I tried a few battles with a mix of teams (I have no other Ewok, but tried attackers only, or with a tank/taunt, or with healer), and am still unconvinced. True, every character is often stealth, but that might result in my FOTP being the only guy non-stealthed... Not particularly ideal. If anything, it actually helps the AI focus more, not less.

I tried to include a tank (like Old Ben or FO Stormtrooper), but again, if he gets stealth, it's kinda counter-productive. The last guy I want to gain stealth is certainly Old Ben! Which makes me think it would be a great addition to his kit to give him a passive so he resists going stealth, for lack of a better taunt.

I also realised that Teebo hits hmmm... well, let's say he basically doesn't hit, he pokes. On the level of Royal Guard.

Sooo... Does anyone have had a better experience, short of a full 7* Ewoks team? Any way to make good use of that weird leadership thing?
  • Well with speed down inflicted on the enemy, teebo can keep the turn meter from filling indefinitely for almost any character. If it gets to 3v3 I almost always win because I take so many more turns than my opponent. Fives and teebo are killed last by the ai 95 percent of the time.

Another synergy is if fives calls stealth teebo for an assist, it's an extra turn meter removed
  • "Phipps;282322" wrote:

Does the ewok team work well with magmatrooper?

I have never tried it since my Magmatrooper is pretty much unleveled/ungeared
    But I could imagine the turn meter manipulation to be quite nice in that setup as well
  • I think Teebo's leadership is best used as a misdirect. Currently, with the exception of Nute Gunray and Teebo, stealth only prevents attack which means if everyone goes stealth there is no benefit. That said, for now, I wouldn't level his leader ability beyond lvl. 4. I think a lot of people see this as a way to safely use low HP units but this is not reliable. I think it's better to use Teebo's lead as an anti-focus ability for longevity. I'm still trying to crack the code on that but here are my notes if anyone cares to decipher them:

• TMR, Stun, Slow // Roy Guar, Daka, Fives, Cpt. Phasma, Yoda, Magma T., MagnaGuard
    • Heal Attack // Ahsoka Tano, Jed Con, Darth Sid, Talia, Mace Windu
    • Self-Heal Tanks // Mace Windu, Finn, J.K.G.?, C.W. Chewbacca
    • Counter Tanks // F.O. Stormtrooper, Fives, MagnaGuard
    • Counter // Aayla, Kit, Dooku ???
    • Resurrect // Old Daka, Ewok Elder
    • Healers // Barriss, Luminara, Jed Con
    • Revives // HK-47, Boba Fett
    • No long tuants! Kylo, Savage, Old Ben, Vader? Nute, Anakin???

There are 2 or three teams somewhere in there that excel with Teebo as leader.
  • Great post, thanks! True, the turn meter steal is really great (well, just have to make sure you don't do it on a taunting RG), and can replace a stun or prolong a stun which is also not bad. But Teebo is only stealthed at most 1/2 time. I really like RG's taunt which works almost always.

He certainly has great support value, but he hits really soft. I'm just sad that the best character with stealth synergy that works very well with Teebo is.... Teebo!

I really like the idea of the rolling stealth thing, but it's too random and no other toons really benefit from it to have a real compelling advantage. But who knows, it might come some day, I'll keep an eye on it.
  • From the latest game update (link):

Counterattacks
    Taunt will now intercept counterattacks for allies
    Units with Stealth will no longer trigger counterattacks
    Assists will no longer trigger counterattacks

Given the ubiquitous counter characters currently plaguing Arena, that might finally give our friend Teebo a sweet leader spot in there?...

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago