Forum Discussion

8 years ago

The Reason to 7* and gear Phoenix beyond Thrawn

Brief history:
So I was able to get almost everyone to 7* (minus Sabine) through the double drops and constantly using GW, arena, etc. I also had shard shop currency to get the final shards of what I needed to make sure I had a chance to try the Thrawn event at 7*. (SWGOH.GG located at the bottom)

I ended up beating 7* Thrawn eventually.

THE ACTUAL POINT OF POST:

I had not been able to defeat any of the LS Hard Node 9's other than one starring 9-A. So I thought I would try with my new Pheonix Squad. I only have one ally that has GK, but he rarely shows on there. So I tried 9-B with Pheonix minus Sabine with my Ally's Wedge. I three starred it first try. Tried 9-C and 9-D with an Ally's Jyn, I three starred both first try. Went back to do 9-A with the GK and three starred it.

Other than GK all the other Ally leaders died in the second tier of each.

So for any new players or any players that can't beat the LS Hard 9's, I highly recommend you not only try to get Pheonix starred and geared for Thrawn. But I casually strolled through the part of the game I have never been able to beat until today.

Also as previously mentioned on other threads they are great for other Legendary events (Ezra and Kanan fit two other Legendary events, EP and Yoda, who you can then use Thrawn and EP for R2). They are also great for people that struggle to finish their GW. I finish (typically) node 11 with them at full health or nearly defeat 11 and let my arena team finish off the rest.

In summary the pro's of investing in Pheonix:
- Get Thrawn
- Easy GW
- Beat LS Hard Node 9 A-D easily
- Use Ezra and Kanan for other Legendaries (I would imagine whole Pheonix would handily defeat EP as well)
- Their ships once farmable (who knows when) look to be great
- They are fun and thats all that matters in the game

Here is my SWGOH.gg if you want to see the squad I used. Just before you criticize saying you couldn't have gotten this far by now I had a ton of Shard Shop currency left over after I got DN because I knew Phoenix was going to be next and I geared them from the start because I love the show.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ramos/

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago